is there someone else?

Neymar and I have been really close for the past couple months, ive fallen in love with him, and I hope he feels the same. I love him, more than a friends type of way, and sure hes flirty with me, but isn't that just his persona? Does he actually want me?

Im meeting up with him for dinner tonight, and I think im going to tell him everything, this could either bring us together, or tarnish our friendship forever. I walk into the restaurant, immedietly spotting him sitting at a table for two. I walk over and give him a hug hello, he kisses my cheek. 

I sit down and we start talking, everything going smoothly until I finally get enough courage to spark the conversation. "so, I need to tell you something" I say warily. "what is it?" he asks.

"neymar, im in love with you, and I just wanted to know if you feel the same way" I confess. He stares at me for a couple of seconds emotionless. "oh, wow. I didnt expect that,  y/n, I l think you're beautiful, and kind- " he starts to say. "but?" I know theres something else hes not telling me. "its not that I dont love you, its just" he starts to run out of words. "is there someone else?" I ask, he looks down into his lap and sighs. "its just bruna wants to give us another try" he refers to his ex. I feel pain shoot through my veins. why did I do this to myself. "oh" is all I manage to spit out. "I just dont know what to do, because I love you too" he says. 

"just not enough" I say with a sad smile, he looks at me with pity. "no, no its not that I-" he denies. "are you hurting her or are you hurting me?" I ask, "I just, I love you y/n," he starts to say once again. 

"but you love her too. and I dont wanna be just an option for you." I say.

"I know. you deserve better" 

and with those words, I get up and leave, leaving him and all of our memories in the past, behind me.