Chapter 3

"I say what I want to say and do what I want to do. There's no in between. People will either love you for it or hate you for it."

- Eminem

Kevin POV

After a short train ride back to the Dauntless headquarters, I met up with my twin sister Levina, and together we headed towards the dining hall. On our way there we started talking about todays' event, especially about what happened this morning.

"Can you believe she actually hit him?" Levina said.

"I know right, it was so good, best freaking moment of the day. The guy surely deserved it though. You know I talked to her afterwards."

"You did? What did she say? did you hit on her?" I rolled my eyes at her. She always thought so low of me.

"No, I didn't hit on her, why would you think that? And for your information she only said that the guy deserved what happen and that she might choose Dauntless tomorrow. Well, she didn't exactly say that, but I know she will choose us, I just know it." We had finally arrived at the dining hall and were standing in the line to get our food.

"First of, you always hit on girls so why would she be any different? Secondly, how can you be so sure she will choose Dauntless? Sure, she can throw a good punch but that doesn't necessarily mean that she will choose us. I think you only want her to join us so you can get into her pants."

"Ouch sis, where is your faith in me?"

"It went away the minute your balls dropped."

"Trust me, I don't want to bang her."

"Who does Kevin want to bang?" Zeke suddenly spoke up from our table.

"Oh, just I girl from Candor that he met today. Apparently, she is thinking of choosing Dauntless tomorrow, not to mention she is a total bad ass. She punched some dipshit square in the face and broke his nose." Levina laughed out the last part. Making me laugh as well when a picture of his bloody face entered my mind.

"Really, so who is this bad ass chick then? Hey Four, come here. Kevin got some new chick on his mind that he wants to bang. Apparently, she is from Candor and is choosing tomorrow. And if Kevin here gets his will, she will join us."

"Is that so? And what makes him so sure of that?" Four joined in.

"Hey guys, I never said I was going to bang her. Anyway, I only met her today and from what I can tell, she is not exactly the person with a lot of friends, so I started talking to her and she said she might choose Dauntless."

"Come on Kev, the girl is a total loner, everyone knows that. The way everyone talks behind her back, it's no wonder she isn't more social. The only time I have actually heard her talk is when the "popular" kids bully someone, or they try to bring her down. You really think that coming here will help her get out of that shell of hers?"

"Yes, I actually do. She may be a loner but like you said, people aren't nice to her. She may have a temper when it comes down to it, but she only stick up for what she believes in, and I think it's admirable how she stands up to all the bullies at school. She may be short, but girl's got guts."

"Now I'm even more curious to know who this chica is." Zeke said with a smirk.

"Her name is Candice Heart." At saying her name, I could've sworn I saw some recognition in Fours face. Like he knew who she was, but I must've seen wrong.

"Candice Heart, are you kidding me?"

"Why? do you know her?"

"Well yes as a matter of fact I do. She is an old friend of mine, we used to talk and do some training together before my initiation."

"Really, what's she like?"

"Don't even think about it, I'm not going to let some horny teenager hurt her. Keep your dirty mind away from her. You can be friends, but that's it. If I find out you tried anything with her, I will hurt you. I don't care that we are friends, she is of limits."

"Ok, ok. Take it easy big guy, I won't. I just want to get to know her better."

"Well, it doesn't matter anyway because we don't know she will actually transfer at all, and none the less to Dauntless. And if she will choose Dauntless, it is not going to be easy, believe me. With Eric as her trainer, he sure as hell will not go easy on her." Levina bugged in

"Aha Eric, our newest and ruthless leader. He isn't going to go easy on any of them. Good luck on keeping him in check, Four. I guess you are going to have to be the one to save them all from His royal highness fury." We all started to laugh at Zekes comment, oblivious to the fuming young leader a few tables away.