eighty four

"I thought that you decided to stand me up, darling," Adrian cockily says, looking me up and down.

"Hmm, I was tempted to do so, but I didn't want you to go home and cry." I lightly mock him, opening up my locker, and shoving the books inside my bag.

Adrian just chuckles and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me in for a side hug, and kissing my cheek.

I grab my bag out of the locker and slam it shut, realising that the sea of students has subsided now that a couple of minutes have passed.

I grab Adrian's hand and tug him towards the school's exit, wanting to eat ice cream as soon as possible.

"You seem a little too desperate to leave, Ze," my boyfriend jokes, jogging to keep up with my extremely fast pace.

I don't say anything, but hum in approval to his words. The only thing on my mind right now is ice cream.

When we are far enough away from all of the other students I slow my pace, and allow Adrian to wrap one of his arms around his hips, as we walk in the direction of the store.

"So, darling would you care to tell me where we're going, or do I have to remain clueless?" My boyfriend enquires gently, but I think he already knows.

"The ice cream shop you took me to is so good. I have to go back." A cheesy smile forms on my face, and one flashes against Adrian's lips as well.

"I had a feeling that we would be going back," he says, planting gentle kisses on my hand.

People drive past us as we walk, and I hear a couple of vulgar words being shouted, as well as a couple of wolf whistles, but I don't mind, and Adrian only rolls his eyes and shouts back at the people.

I'm not surprised that most of them are college students.

When we get close enough to the shop, I gasp in awe. It's only been a couple of months since we were last here, but it looks exactly the same as before.

I get severe deja vu, and can't stop myself from breaking into a run. 

Adrian is left in the dust, looking bewildered, but I don't worry about him. When I'm standing just in front of the store, I stop running, and begin panting.

Slowly, I turn around and look back at the boy, who wasn't bothered to run.

He lazily walks toward me, with a happy smile across his face.

"Did you really expect me to run?" Adrian rhetorically asks when he gets close enough to me.

"I honestly did, and now I'm sort of getting first hand embarrassment for what I just did," I exclaim, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. 

Adrian laughs loudly, and pulls me into the small ice cream shop.

It's exactly how I remember, and I take a deep breath of air, realising that this place is perfect. My idea of perfect, at least.

"You go first, darling," Adrian whispers in my ear, pulling me closer to the counter, so the old lady behind it, can take my order.

I quickly look at all of the ice cream flavors, trying to choose one, so I don't leave the woman hanging for too long.

"Hi, could I please have a taro and coconut ice cream in a small cone?" I ask, bouncing off the balls of my feet as I impatiently wait to lick the purple concoction.

She smiles at me and nods, before taking the gelato spoon and digging it into the tub of taro and coconut ice cream.

She piles several scoops of the purple ice cream into the cone, and I can feel drool form in my mouth. When the lovely old woman is done, she hands me my ice cream, and asks me if I'll be paying with cash or card.

I can feel Adrian try to intervene but I don't let him. I need to pay for my own stuff.

I tap my phone against the eftpos machine, and hear the satisfying 'ding' as the purchase goes through.

I step back and start licking my ice cream as Adrian orders his. 

When he's finished, we leave the small store, thanking the old woman who served us. I tip her, and so does Adrian. We're so nice.

"Your ice cream looks good," I say, suggesting that I should try some of it.

My boyfriend lightly rolls his eyes, and allows me to lick his ice cream.

At first, when he ordered it, I thought that Adrian got vanilla, but instead he got marshmallow. Usually I hate marshmallows with a passion, but I want to try it anyway.

When I was younger, every time I got a coffee, on the side of the cup would be a couple of pastel marshmallows. 

Maybe it's just an Australian thing, but I thought that it was crazy, and stupid, because those fluffy things taste terrible.

As I expected, Adrian's ice cream tastes beyond bad, and I instantly gag, and put my tongue out, trying to get the flavor to go away.

"Now I get to try some of yours," my boyfriend comments, pushing his head down to have a lick of my ice cream.

"Is it good?" I ask, raising my eyebrows, as Adrian licks his lips.

"I'm going to get this one next time," he exclaims, excitedly.

I lean into his chest, as Adrian places a careful kiss on top of my head. 

"I love you so much, Hazel," he says. "One day I'm going to marry you."

"Hold off on the marriage, for now. I still need to finish high school," I mumble. "But I love you too, goofball."

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 92000 reads and over 3k votes - 3751 votes - (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3

P.S. It's an early update today, because I have a family dinner tonight, and really wanted to update for you all. Please enjoy <<<3