seventy five

I've spent the majority of the next day finishing up on the project and have been very happy with the outcome. 

I ended up giving my father Sierra's file earlier than expected, since I was too scared to give him it, after the due date ended.

I feel the need to impress my family one hundred per cent of the time, even if it pushes me to my limit.

By the end of the day, I was sweating, and shaking, having been so anxious all day. I even went as far as being forced to puke in the bathroom after dinner, since I had been through such a tough day.

My family supported and comforted me after that whole incident, so I did feel a lot better afterwards, but the only thing that could completely get rid of my fear would be finding out whether my file lead people to the correct location.

I didn't have to wait long though, because the next morning after I got the chance to sleep in and eat breakfast, Levi told me that our father and Matteo want to see me in Matteo's office.

I was hesitant to go inside the office, just in case they both delivered bad news, or that I was going to be put up for adoption, because I lead their people to the wrong location, and Sierra slipped through their fingers again.

Okay, so maybe I'm overthinking this entire situation a little too much, but I'd much rather be overthinking it, than underthinking it.

You can never be too prepared I guess.

As I stumble up the stairs, and walk in front of Matteo's office door, thinking for a couple of seconds before finally plucking up the courage to knock my dominant hand against the wooden material.

From the other side of the door, I hear Matteo's voice, shouting out a faint 'come in,' and that's all I need to open the door.

I'm faced with my oldest brother and father, who both sit in the same positions they did when we last had a meeting in here.

I gulp in nervousness, and place my hands behind my back, wringing them against each other, to try and get rid of my clammy palms.

I step closer, and take a seat on the opposite side of the table from my brother and father, waiting for them to break the much awaited silence.

They both hold neutral expressions, so I'm unable to detect any hint of emotions through they eyes or face. I hope that the results are positive.

My eyes flicker back and forth between the two men, and I don't make a sound.

Matteo places the folder I gave him on the desk, so it is now in front of me. 

"You presented us with this folder of information during the day yesterday, claiming that you had the whereabouts of Sierra Halligan, so we could take her captive and use her against our enemies. You gave this stack of files several hours earlier than you had to, but did it pay off?"

My brother's voice is not giving any answers away, and I'm beginning to get frustrated. Can we speed this process up please, I'm almost begging in my head, hoping that they understand what I'm trying to hint with my eyes.

I'm not on a stupid game show or something, I just want to know whether or not what I have done is good enough for my family to accept me into their business that has been passed down for many generations.

I need to be good enough for my family. For my dead mother, for my father who is desperate for revenge. For my brothers who took me into their house with open arms when I needed them without knowing it. And for myself, because I am better than just a normal person. I want to prove myself.

"Hazel Bolivi, you have successfully found the location of Sierra Halligan, and deserve full credit for her captor. Congratulations." My father's voice breaks into a cheery one the second her utters the word 'successfully.'

My face breaks out into a happy grin when I hear what I have done, and what I am getting full credit for.

"Thank you so much, you don't know what this means to me," I beam, and lunge across the table so I'm able to hug my beloved brother and father, who I love so much.

"You don't need to thank us, pumpkin," my father modestly gushes, returning my hug within a second of me pouncing at him. "You put in the work, so I guess that it's only fair for you to see the positive and lovely results."

I hug my oldest brother next, who doesn't say a word, but sometimes silence speaks a lot louder than any word could.

"From now on, you are officially a part of our family run mafia, and are able to take on different roles you otherwise wouldn't be able to do. On top of that, you are one of the youngest and only female to ever join our group. If you want to, you have full permission to have fun with either Fletcher, Noah, or Sierra. However if you wish to do this, one of your brothers must be there to supervise, because you are underage."

My father lists off the things I will now be allowed to do, and I feel pride swell in my heart, realising that I have made my family proud of me.

I have made myself proud.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 76000 reads and over 2k votes - 2970 votes - (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3