twenty nine

I wake up the next morning and groan in frustration when I realize that it's a school day. Why can't it be the weekend every day? But suddenly, all of my frustration disappears when I remember the conversation Adrian and I had over text last night. 

I can't place the emotion, but it brings a warm, tingly feeling to my heart.

The thought of him possibly thinking about me, makes my entire body swell with happiness. I wonder what he's doing right now. I wonder whether he's awake. I wonder whether he's at school. I wonder-

But my thoughts are cut off when the annoying voice of my second oldest brother chimes through my day.

"Get your ass up, Hazel. Levi told me that you have to be at school in a half hour."

Usually, I would have just rolled my eyes and forced my fluffy pillow over my head, however, today was different. I want to go to school as quickly as possible.

I want to see Adrian.

"I'm already awake!" I shout, so Axel can hear me, and doesn't need to come inside. 

Slowly, I listen to his footsteps travel away from my room, as he goes back downstairs, to where breakfast is being held. 

I look in my vanity mirror and decide that I need to dress to impress today. I throw on my usual Taylor Swift merch but pair it with a mini skirt, which is often out of my comfort zone.

Not today though. 

I brush my hair out, and curl the layers at the front of my face, to frame my appearance. I'm looking good so far.

My hand quivers as I pick up the mascara. I never usually wear stuff like this, but I'm going to try my hardest. I steady my hand and brush it over my eyelashes, to make them thicker, darker, and more noticeable. 

As usual, I put on my airforces, which makes my legs seem thinner than they actually are.

After doing a final twirl in the mirror, I smile brightly to myself and begin to skip down the stairs, so I can have some breakfast before leaving for school.

Levi is the first person to notice my attire, and he instantly shakes his head. "No. Absolutely not, I refuse to have my 15 year old sister dress like a hooker."

Chase is the next person to look at my exposed legs, and his reaction is similar to his older brother's. "Go and change, Ze. You can't do this to us, for 2 days in a row."

Matteo just pinches the bridge of his nose, and sighs under his breath, muttering something about how teenage girls always do this to attract male attention.

You are not wrong there, big brother, I sarcastically think to myself while rolling my eyes.

I act as if I haven't heard anything, and decide to just sit down at the table, and eat an apple, so that's exactly what I do.

My brothers all look at me flabbergasted as if I am the reason a mass murder has just happened, and my face is being displayed across every news platform.

But that isn't the case, and instead, I am just wearing a skirt that they don't approve of because, in their opinion, it is too short.

Well, I don't really care.

"Just let her wear it," Charlie grumbles. "It's either that, or she skips school. I know which one I'd rather."

For the first time in my long life, I finally see eye to eye on a matter with Charlie. I never thought I'd be saying this, but thank you very much, brother.

My shoulders slacken in relief, and I nod my head, feeling confident that all of my other brothers will back down.

I couldn't have been more right.

Why is everything going my way this morning? I've been awake for only a couple of minutes, and I've already gotten away with wearing makeup, and a short skirt to school.

Usually, just showing skin annoys these animal boys. 

When we've finished with breakfast, Levi, Charlie, Chase and I bid our farewells to Axel and Matteo, before leaving for school.

As usual, I am stuck in the backseat with Charlie, while Chase is in the passenger seat, and Levi is driving. I've always wondered why the twins never drive when Levi's here, even though they both have driver's licenses. 

The drive is uninteresting, and I feel like sleeping, but the thought of seeing Adrian at school keeps me awake. I wonder how he'll react when he figures out that I've dressed up nice for him.

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking that there's a chance he's playing with me. That he's trying to trick me, or get me in trouble. 

But the rational part of my head knows that he's sensible, and caring, and would never purposely hurt me like that.

All of a sudden, there's a loud sound, and my entire body jerks forwards. Thank god for seatbelts. I gasp and grunt leave my body, once my head collides with the seat in front of me. 

There's another loud sound, and I crash into the window next to me. The outside part of my eyes are blurry, and I try to blink away the feeling, but I can't.

I feel the presence of people next to me. I think that someone's gently slapping me, but I can't be sure. 

It is as if a person is forcing my eyes shut, so I can't see. My ears are ringing, and everything seems hollow. I wonder what is happening to me.

My last thought before everything goes dark is 'I hope my brothers are okay.'

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for 7800 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3