six

The day has finally arrived. My first time going to a preppy private school in New York. From what my brothers have told me, Chase and Charlie will be attending the school with me. This did not do a lot to ease my nerves.

Within the last few days, I have gotten closer to Chase, but Charlie still remains as a mysterious jerk to me. 

Luckily, unlike in Australia, there is no specific uniform we have to wear for school. I place my hand on my chin and look deep in thought as I think about what I want to wear. 

A couple of days ago, Axel took me shopping, and we found many clothes for me. Unsurprisingly, none of the clothing items could be too short, reveal too much skin, or hug my body in any way that would bring a boy's attention to me. 

Which leaves me with very few options. 

Eventually, I choose my outfit. I dress in baggy black cargo pants, that have many pockets and zips. Then a long sleeve white under top, which is cut as a turtleneck. I throw on a plain Taylor Swift merch t-shirt that says 'darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream' and check my appearance in the vanity mirror that sits on my desk. 

I look fine.

To top off everything, I add my white air force ones. Then, I put on a little bit of light make up, just so I don't look deathly pale or something on my first day at a new school. Finally, I brush my hair out, deciding to leave it down for this occasion.

I nod my head in approval, before skipping down the stairs to meet my brothers. Most mornings, we are all still at the house, so breakfast is a communal time. 

When I get to the final step, I hear the first voice.

"Oh, look at you!" Axel says loudly, gaining the attention of the rest of the room. 

Levi is the next one to comment on me. "You look stunning, sweetheart. Everyone at school is going to love you."

"Thank you, Vi. What's for breakfast this morning?" I ask quickly, trying to draw the attention away from me.

"Well, since it's your first day of school here, I decided to make your favourite meal," my third oldest brother sends a blinding smile my way, which showcases his pearly, straight white teeth. "Chocolate chip pancakes."

My mouth drops in amazement. "Wait really? Are you serious?" I squeal in delight at the prospect of eating this.

Levi and I played twenty one questions yesterday, and since he is the only one who can cook an edible meal around here, one of his first questions was 'what is your favourite food?'

I prance over to one of the bar stools, and sit excitedly, watching as Levi brings a stack of three chocolate chip pancakes on a plate over to where I am sitting. 

To be healthy, I add a couple of bananas but don't forget to drizzle half of the Nutella bottle over my breakfast. 

As Matteo strolls into the room holding a newspaper in his hand, he throws me a scolding look, just as the chocolate paste comes in contact with my pancakes. I give him an innocent expression, trying to play off my idea as a 'mistake.'

I whip through my delicious food, and soon enough, Chase and Charlie have come down, demanding that we leave for school.

I nod my head, unsure whether or not I am ready for this yet. I lost my mother just over a week ago, and this type of confrontation is going to be scary. 

"Who's car are we going to take?" Chase asks, throwing his arm around my shoulder, and planting a lasting kiss on my head. 

But since I am a teenager, I wipe the kiss off almost immediately.

"I'm not letting that thing in my beautiful car," Charlie exclaims with extreme distaste, and I can't stop the laugh that leaves my mouth. 

This seventeen year old boy really thinks that his words affect me.

Axel smacks the back of Charlie's head as a warning, and in turn, the boy turns around and gives his older brother a mean glare. 

"So I guess that we are taking my car?" Chase says awkwardly, trying to break the tense silence.

"Well I dibs shotgun," I say throwing my hand in the air, and smirking towards Charlie, who looks more than annoyed. 

"No you little shit, this is my house, so I get shotgun," he retaliates.

"Actually no, Char. This is my house, and it's Chase's car, so he gets to decide," Matteo drawls, not looking up from his newspaper, as he sits at the table. 

"I want Ze to sit in the front," Chase says, as he gives his twin the side eye.

"Fine," Charlie growls, I will just take my own car."

Together Chase and I go down to the garage, and he shows me his fancy car. It is literally a metallic gold. My jaw falls to the ground when he unlocks the car doors, and reveal the perfectly smooth beige leather seats.

I have been missing out. Why did my mum only buy a basic car? Our seats were itchy, the air conditioner didn't work properly, and the car was often breaking down. 

"You better get used to this , Haz, because we live in twenty four seven luxury," Chase explains to me, after I have buckled myself in the front seat.

I just nod my head, knowing that I am not listening to a thing that he is saying. My mouth feels dry, and I am pretty sure that this is a fever dream. 

It turns out that my sweet and gentle brother is actually a reckless driver, and I need to keep my hands against the seat for most of the ride. The car is slick though. I will give it that. 

Because within twenty minutes we have arrived at school. But apparently we weren't fast enough though, since a smirking Charlie leans against his similar coloured car, obviously waiting for us to arrive.

I can already tell that my first day is going to be hard.

A/N: Hey guys, thank you so much for reading. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND READ WHEN I GET A CHAPTER OUT TOMORROW. I have a plan for where this book is going, I just need a little support. Also, thank you very much for over 300 reads (I know that it's not a lot,) but to me, it means the world. Keep slaying in life, and I will see you tomorrow night- or day depending on where you live- when I update tomorrow. Bye <3