Chapter Eighty Seven

Beginne am Anfang

"Always." I quietly answer.

Lia chews on her cheek, looking elsewhere but I catch the pink tinting her cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I meant to text you but I was so tired."

"Don't apologize. As long as you're okay, that's all that matters."

"But I'm not okay. I'm sick." Lia pouts.

I chuckle.

"I can see that. Why don't we get you showered and fed, then maybe you'll feel a little better?"

She nods obediently and steps away from me. I watch her grab some clean clothes and walk into the bathroom. I wait until I hear the water running.

Then I step inside.

She sees me and gasps.

"What are you doing?" Her wide eyes and flushed cheeks are cute.

I keep my eyes on hers because I know the moment I let them trail down her hot, wet body, I'll lose control.

"Making sure you don't faint in there."

"Xavier, when has that ever happened?"

"The day after Blair's birthday. You fainted in the shower. In my arms. So forgive me for looking out for you."

That day, Lia almost gave me a fucking heart attack. We were in the shower together after having sex and as we were messing around under the hot water, Lia got dizzy and fainted. Right there in my arms. I had never felt so scared in my life before. I didn't know what happened to her but when she regained consciousness, she told me so nonchalantly that she faints when she gets overheated. Imagine my fucking surprise at those words. So after that, I made sure that whenever we took showers together or slept in the same bed, she was at least a little cold.

Lia doesn't answer me. She starts to wash her hair and when she goes to wash her body, I avert my gaze. Giving her privacy even though I'm right there leaning against the sink counter. Yet my body hums at the sounds—the water raining down on her, her little sighs. That honey-colored skin of hers is like sweet, sweet honey, and when it's wet...fuck me.

"Towel."

Lia's melodic voice breaks me out of my lustful thoughts. Her head peeks out of the shower whilst trying to hide her naked body with her hands. I don't hesitate to hand her her towel with a small grin on my face.

"You're acting as if I haven't seen every inch of you before." I mutter with amusement.

"Yeah, well, that was before," Lia mumbles with nervousness and a little shyness, "Now we're friends so it's...awkward."

That makes me smile.

"Get dressed. I've made soup. I'm not leaving until you finish that whole bowl."

<3 <3 <3 <3

I'm placing the bowl of soup on the living room table when Lia steps out of her bedroom. And I can't hide my shit-eating grin. She's wearing clean pajamas but she's wearing her huge blue hoodie blanket that has koalas all over it. And it dwarfs her.

She's adorable.

With amusement, I watch her melt onto the sofa and curl her legs under the hoodie, slumping her head against the cushions with a tired sigh. Cocooning herself like a baby.

This girl...

With a light laugh, I sit next to her and tug her upright. She protests a soft groan that goes straight to my heart and does weird things to it. Grabbing the bowl, I hand it to her. I made sure the bowl wasn't hot so she doesn't burn herself. Lia gloomily starts to eat.