Wakas

Wakas

More than the feeling of fulfillment for closing another story, it's also my joy that I was able to fulfill my promise to you. Delayed but it's here now, finally rolling to the end. What a miracle how I actually reached this far, dahil ang totoo, I didn't hope much na aabot pa ako rito. Maraming salamat sa paghihintay kahit matagal. Your time shared with me and my work will always be treasured.

Let's close this together. Hope to meet you again at the next instalment of this thriving series. Giving you now the finale. Happy new year my beloveds!

---

"Tahimik!" sigaw ng isa sa mga armadong lalaking sumakay sa aming bus.

We were out on a field trip. Pabalik na sana kami sa school. Malabo na ang ilang pangyayari sa hapong iyon, but some remained until now.

Lahat ay nagsigawan at umiiyak. Our chaperone teacher couldn't do anything. She was crying too and nodding to everything the kidnappers say. She is also pleading to them not to hurt us.

Nasa may likurang bahagi kami nakaupo noon. Tatlo kaming nagsisiksikan sa pang dalawahang upuan. Arthur just doesn't want to move and find another seat. Kaya nagkasya kami roon. Laviña's sitting in between us.

For some reason, I wasn't able to cry. Oo, natatakot din ako. My heart was actually booming loud and I am thinking that I might not see my dad, my mom, and everyone in the family, and Laviña if the men point a gun at me and fire.

I saw Laviña shivering and crying. Nakayakap na siya kay Arthur na umiiyak rin. Tinulak ko si Arthur. I snatched Laviña from him. Then I switched seat with Laviña. Dahil sa isip ko, mas madali siyang makukuha ng kidnapper kung malapit siya.

"A-Aris, natatakot ako," she cried.

I covered her mouth with my palm. The kidnapper might be pissed and hurt her. Niyakap ko siya.

"Dad will save us," bulong ko.

She hugged me. She is still crying. "Ayoko mamatay. I want to see my Papa. H-Hindi ko pa siya nakikita, e."

"I will ask Daddy to find your papa. I promise."

Takot na takot din ako. As the kidnapper approached the back portion of the bus, I trembled inside. He was the biggest man among them. He is wearing a full-head mask cloth. It's only his reddish eyes that can be seen. He has a bulging stomach and quite dark skin. The men are going student after student. Kinukuha nila ang mga IDs at mga cellphones at gadgets kung meron.

"Aris, t-they will kill me dahil wala akong p-pera. Walang pera si Mama."

"We have lots of money. I have money. I will give it to them so they won't hurt you," I managed to assure her. I hugged her tightly. Pasulyap sulyap ako sa mga mama.

Then I remember my watch. Nagmadali akong hubarin iyon para itago sa kidnapper. I can contact dad and the police with it kapag kinuha ang cellphone ko.

"Bata, akin na ang cellphone mo!"

Tinitigan ko siya bago tahimik na kinuha sa pocket ko ang cellphone. Binigay ko sa kanya. Binigay din ni Arthur ang sa kanya.

"Ang sama mo makatingin, a?" Napailing ito at ang IDs naman namin ang sapilitang kinuha.

He turned to Laviña. "Ikaw? Asan na cellphone mo? Akin na. Pati alahas."

Mas umiyak si Laviña. Paulit-ulit siyang umiling. My shirt is already wet with her tears. Halos masira na rin ito sa higpit ng kapit niya.

"Mukhang ikaw ang pinakamayaman dito. Ang tisay tisay mo. Amerikano ba ang tatay mo?" Aabutin sana siya nang kidnapper nang tinulak ko ang kamay nito.

"Don't touch her!"