Chapter 12: ~*When the Sun Goes Down*~

*NOT PROOFREAD*
~*//////////////////////*~

Yoko and Divinia sat as Vera paced back and forth ranting out her thoughts. It had been 20 minutes. Enid had left a while ago, saying she had something to do.

"Alright ALRIGHT!" Yoko raised her voice, pulling Vera out of whatever spiral she had fallen into.

"What?!" Vera turned to Yoko with wide eyes.

"Enough with all the elaborate plans, you're making my head explode. I still have an eternity to live, I don't wanna spend half of it with a headache that's gonna outlive you." Yoko groaned, rubbing her temples.

"That was rude." Vera sighed as she stopped pacing and stared at the two.

"Maybe, instead of an elaborate plan you just ask her the next time you see her?" Divinia suggested. She wasn't as stuck up as she seemed when she was with Bianca.

Vera started pacing again, thinking. "Yeah but like what if it takes a grand gesture for her to say yes."

"Vera. I don't think Wednesday cares that much. Just do what Div said and ask her next time you see her." Yoko spoke, still rubbing her temples.

"Speak of the devil." Divinia murmured. The three looked towards the opposite end of the quad where Wednesday walked out of a set of doors, heading towards another.

"Oh god this is really happening." Vera shook her head, taking a deep breath. "Come on, you got this." Vera began walking towards Wednesday slowly.

"Yeah Romeo, get your girl." Yoko called after her.

"You have absolutely no faith in her do you?" Divinia turned to the girl.

"Absolutely none at all." Yoko laughed, leaning onto the girl.

~*//////////////////////*~

After a moment Vera had finally caught up to Wednesday, who unexpectedly walked a lot faster than she had anticipated. By the time she had caught up the two walked alone in an empty hallway going towards Ophelia Hall.

"God," Vera huffed as she slowed next to the girl. "You're like Michael Myers or some shit dude. You walk so fast."

"Is there something you needed?" Wednesday asked the girl as she continued walking.

"What, I can't just talk to you?" Vera strolled next to the girl, who, unbeknownst to Vera, had slowed down so Vera would catch up with her.

"I suppose you could." Wednesday deadpanned. "So what did want to talk about."

"Oh, just uh, anything really." Vera shrugged. She rubbed her hands on the sides of her pants, her palms sweating profusely.

"'Anything really' doesn't sound that important and if it isn't that important I am very busy at the moment." Wednesday side-eyed the girl expectantly.

"No no yeah it is..well no its not but to me I mean yeah it is. Maybe you wouldn't think it is but I would or maybe-" Vera rambled as she slowed to a stop.

"Is it important or not?" Wednesday cut Vera off, stopping as she faced her.

"Yeah it is. I was just wondering if you had planned on going to the Rave'N. You know maybe we could go together. As friends of course. Or uh..unless. I mean as..you know maybe more...?" Vera grumbled the last bit. She had tried to seem nonchalant but her nerves got the best of her as she looked anywhere but at Wednesday.