Chapter 8: ~*Poe Cup*~

*Not Proofread*

~*//////////////////////*~

Vera jumped awake, panting as she looked around rapidly, her clothes soaked with sweat and her face stained with tears she didn't know she'd been crying. She was confused, shocked a little. The last time she'd had a nightmare was after her fight with Xavier when the two were no longer deemed friends.

Normally Yoko would be there to comfort her with sarcastic words and awkward jokes, but due to a garlic bread incident that she knew was no accident Yoko was in the infirmary.

Turning her lamp on Vera stood on shaky legs, scratching her arms which were covered in a light layer of fur that looked patchy in some areas. She turned to her bed, already spotting the holes where the spikes from her back had protruded into the mattress. Sighing she stripped the sheets off, dumping them on the floor beside her bed, before walking to the bathroom inside her dorm.

After her shower and when she was done changing her sheets to hide the holes, Vera flexed, stretching her back muscles which caused her spine to pop, the tiny spikes that were still there disappearing. Suddenly gaining a headache she flopped back into her bed, gazing out the window. She tried to fall back to sleep, needing to be well rested for the Poe cup the next day but there was one thing she couldn't get out of her head from her nightmare.

Wednesday was in it.

~*//////////////////////*~

When Vera awoke that morning, she felt like she hadn't slept a wink. When she had finally gotten back to sleep that night it was like she was in the middle ground of sleeping. She wasn't awake but she wasn't quite asleep. She put her hair up into a very sloppy ponytail before throwing on her uniform and finishing her morning routine before heading down to breakfast.

"So since Yoko is out Wednesday is in." Enid spoke excitedly. "She said she was going to make some modifications to the boat and-"

"Wednesday is what?" Vera grumbled, snapping her head back up. She faced Enid, her head drooping slightly.

"You look like hell, and I said she's replacing Yoko in the Poe cup." Enid giggled at Vera's exhausted state.

"That's good.." Vera's head drooped again.

Enid slid her untouched up of coffee towards Vera. "I don't think tea can help you right now."

Vera looked up a little, her eyes red with the exhaustion was visible in all her features. Dark bags under her eyes the most prominent. She glanced at Enid before staring at the cup. Sighing she reached out, grabbing the coffee and drinking it.

"Thanks." Vera mumbled leaning her head on the girls shoulder.

"Of course, anything for you Ve that's why I'm literally you're best friend." Enid stated before she leaned her head on top of Vera's scrolling through TikTok as Vera watched.

~*//////////////////////*~

Love their friendship sm 😖

~*//////////////////////*~

Vera sat with Enid when Wednesday walked up, noticing the look Bianca gave the girl as she strutted past.

"We're all set." Enid mumbled as she stood up, a smile playing at her lips.

"Good Things in position." Wednesday confirmed, looking over Enid's shoulder at Vera. "You look like hell, rough night?" She quirked an eyebrow.