Chapter 2: ~*Stalker*~

~*//////////////////////*~

Vera walked around the building silently, finding herself on the second floor after somehow auto-piloting her way there. As she walked past a window she noticed a familiar figure standing outside, along with a few others. Wednesday and her family. Vera stopped in the window, watching them all interact, noting Wednesdays physical contact or lack thereof with who she assumed to be the girls brother. As Wednesdays family got in their car Vera continued to watch, staring at Wednesday so intensely she hadn't noticed the held eye contact they were making. Blinking Vera turned away from the window, stalking off to find Enid and get more insight on the girl, that strange feeling in her stomach from earlier growing.

~*//////////////////////*~

After a failed attempt at finding Enid, Vera walked around for a while, thinking about that strange feeling before she ran into someone, losing her balance. Before she could hit the ground she was pulled back upright by the tie of her uniform, choking her slightly. Through her panic of almost falling and needing to loosen her tie she didn't notice who had caught her until she had stopped herself from choking, looking up and locking eyes with Wednesday.

"Thank you-" Vera panted a little, the adrenaline subsiding.

"Watch your step next time and you wouldn't have to thank me." Wednesday spoke flatly.

The two stared at one another in silence for a moment before Vera started to walk off, being stopped by Wednesday shooting her arm out.

"Is there something you needed?" Vera spoke, annoyance lacing her voice.

"For someone who was stalking me you sure seem annoyed to be held up by me, unless my attention isn't what you were hoping for." Wednesday glared at her.

"Stalking..?" Vera seemed lost, trying to figure out what the girl meant.

Wednesday stood, staring at Vera, searching her face for some sort of sign that she was joking only to find that she was genuinely confused about what she had said.

"How clueless could you be? You were watching me through the window earlier? We held eye contact before you walked away? Ringing any bells here?" Wednesday deadpanned.

"Ohhh..Oh!" Vera's face turning a dark shade of red as she looked down. "No-no! I wasn't stalking you. I was just curious- I didn't intend to creep you out, I-" Vera started to rant  excuses out of embarrassment.

"I don't care what you were doing." Wednesday looked bored of the conversation. "I just wanted to tell you that if you were gonna stalk me, you need to be more efficient at it."

"Wait- you want me to stalk you?" Vera questioned, looking up only to see the back of Wednesday head as the girl walked away.

~*//////////////////////*~

Vera climbed a set of stairs that led to a small enclosed space, big enough for the book cases that lined the shelves and the beanbag chairs that were scattered in the room. She sat for a moment the conversation she had with Wednesday still on her mind.

"Be more efficient at it? What does that even mean?! I'm a very efficient stalker." Vera spoke to herself pausing after. "I mean- I'm not a stalker- Why am I talking to myself?!"

She stood up, walking over  to look through the shelves before finding a leather journal held together with thin rope marked with initials on the front.

Vera traced her fingers over the LQ, the two initials overlapping, having been carved onto the front of it. "Luis.."

She opened the book, her fingers tracing the faded writing.

"Don't know what I'd do without this thing.." she whispered to herself, falling silent when the 'door' opened.

Said door being a piece of the wall with hinges made it harder to find, which allowed her to know who it was without looking up.

"Enid, there you are." Vera smiled.

"I've been looking all over for you, don't know why I didn't check here first." Enid spoke, beginning to ramble. Vera smiled to herself and listened, because that's what she did best when it came to their friendship. Listen.

~*//////////////////////*~
Word Count: 681
A little filler chapter for you guys while I try to finish the few I've been working on, hope you guys enjoy it!!
~*//////////////////////*~