Chapter 5: ~*In My Bones*~

The chapter name will make sense when you finish it.
*NOT PROOFREAD*
~*//////////////////////*~

After the events of the night prior Vera needed some time alone. So she went to Xavier, she figured since they were in good terms again he would allow her to use his art shed so she could paint, something she hadn't done in a while. Which is why she stood in front of his dorm room bright and early in the morning.

"No, I'm working on something at the moment." He had grumbled, giving her an apologetic look. The way he stood hunched over let her know he had just woken up.

"What a way to let me down slowly," Vera covered her face and leaned against the doorframe.

"Why are you up so early anyways," he yawned. "It's like 6 in the morning and your first class isn't till 8?"

"What are you talking about it's 7:20?" Vera looked confused, wondering if maybe something was wrong with her watch.

The two stood in silence as what Vera said finally clicked in his head, a sense of panic settled into his features as he turned from the door.

"7:20?!" He rushed around the room grabbing his uniform and tie before rushing into the bathroom.

"Did you not know?" Vera yelled into the bathroom as she sat in his desk chair, scooting it to the window to look outside.

"Obviously not!" His voice was muffled against the sound of a shower. "My alarm must be broken again."

Vera laughed to herself, grabbing his alarm clock. "Dude this thing is like ancient, no wonder it doesn't work. Just use your phone like a normal person."

"Thank you do much for the advise Ve," she could hear the thick sarcasm in his voice as she stood.

The shower shut off, a short silence followed by the thumping of Xavier stomping around before the sink turned on.

"You are so very welcome Xavier, I'm gonna head downstairs and let you finish getting ready." She started walking to the door of the room.

"Grab me something from breakfast, also is your hair longer?" Xavier poked his head out of the bathroom, toothpaste covering his mouth.

She shrugged at his last question. "I'll be sure to grab your favorite! Bye Xavier!"

As she stepped into the hallway the light smile that played at her lips fell as she furrowed her eyebrows slightly. Her plans to skip her first few classes and have some alone time was a bust. She walked through the hallways of Xavier's dormitory before walking outside, cutting through the grass to make it to the main hall of the school, bumping into someone.

"Watch i-" the words died on her tongue as she stood face to face with Rowan. Except Rowan was dead. She watched him die.

"Excuse us." The deputy sent Vera a look as she lead Rowan up the stairs that led to Weems' office.

Vera followed close behind the two, disbelief all over her features.

"Sheriff, you're gonna wanna see this."

Vera looked past the two and made eye contact with Wednesday who looked just as shocked.

~*//////////////////////*~