Chapter 4: ~*Deadly Af-Fairs Pt 1.*~

Get it? Deadly Af-Fairs? Because Wednesday almost died at the fair? Or was it a carnival? *Not proofread*
~*//////////////////////*~

"Well what?" Wednesday pressed for an answer.

Vera seemed to be deep in thought for a while before she finally answered.

"Let's not talk about it just yet." Vera mumbled.

Wednesday stared at Vera in disdain, hoping to receive some sort of answer. Nodding she turned back to her typewriter, resuming her writing.

"It's getting pretty late, maybe you should head back to your dorm." Wednesday spoke monotonously, seemingly done with the conversation.

Vera stared at the girl, mouth opening and closing as she sat bewildered.

"I have a question." She furrowed her eyebrows.

"I have a book to return to." Wednesday deadpanned

Vera stood up, glaring at the back of her head.

"So that's it? You get to ask all the questions and when you don't get the answer you want the conversation is over?" She stood in place waiting for an answer and receiving none.

"God you are insufferable." Vera walked halfway to the door.

Wednesday turned, glaring at her. "The only one being insufferable is you. You seem to lack the brains to understand when a conversation ends."

"That's funny considering the conversation only ended because I refused to answer a very personal question." Vera shouted slightly. "Emphasis on the very personal. And you know, that's very fucking hypocritical of you, miss cold and mysterious. But I get it, you seem to have a knack for pushing people away."

"If it bothers you that much, why would you make an attempt to befriend me in the first place?" Wednesday continued typing away, obviously not interested in the conversation.

"Honestly I'm asking myself the same question." Vera paused. "But you seem to act like you know everything so why don't you tell me?"

"So that's what this is about. You wanna know what I think about you? I think you're an insecure little girl who puts on a facade to impress people who could care less about her well-being." Wednesday turned to stare at Vera, eyebrows furrowed. "And from your reaction I can tell I've obviously struck a nerve with my last statement."

"You know what, you're right Wednesday. I do try to impress people. Because that's the only way to get people on your side in this goddamn school." Vera groaned in frustration.

"Well maybe if you stopped caring so much you wouldn't need to seek validation from our peers your every waking moment." Wednesday stood and stared at her for a moment before turning and sitting down. "The door is behind you."

Vera turned and left the room, slamming the door behind her. The frame rattled and creaked as if it was close to falling apart. As she left Wednesday took notice of the holes in the back of the girl's pajamas, similar to the ones that were in her uniform earlier. Sitting back down she wrote something down quickly before turning to a light creaking behind her.

"Huh?" Enid sat up groggily, looking around through squinted eyes.

~*//////////////////////*~

Vera stood at the entrance of the fair next to Enid , digging a small hole into the ground with the tip of her shoe, completely ignoring the conversation between Enid and Wednesday. Vera felt, well she felt different. She didn't know how to put it. No one had ever made her feel this way and she didn't know why Wednesdays break down of her hurt so much.  The sun had set a few hours prior, but Vera had spent all day waiting on Enid and their surprise guest. Well surprise to Vera. Enid knew something had happened between the two the night before but not exactly what. Vera noticed a few people she knew and leaned over to Enid.

"If you two are done hardcore staring at Galpin I'd like to actually enjoy tonight." Vera groaned loudly.

"You know you don't have to stand with us, you have more than enough friends to get your daily dose of validation from elsewhere." Wednesday deadpanned.

"God, you are so irritating." Vera glared at her.

"Speak for yourself, you somehow did the unimaginable, which is irritate me more than Enid." Wednesday sent her a glare back.

The two stood there glaring at each other.

"Let's calm down here guys!" Enid turned to look at both of them as they began to walk away. "..guys?"

~*//////////////////////*~

It had been a while since the trio separated, Enid going off to hangout with other werewolves and Wednesday going god knows where since Vera didn't care to know at the moment. Vera, who was still frustrated, stood at a booth with throwing darts, trying to win herself a panda but failing miserably due to her lack of aim.

"Look kid, you're gonna end up spending all your money here, just take this and go." The man working the booth looked and spoke as if he felt sorry for the girl, placing a pity prize in front of her.

This frustrated Vera more. She slapped another 10 on the counter and waited for the man to return the darts to her. While she stood brooding and waiting, she hadn't noticed Wednesday walk up and stand next to her. What she did notice is that when the man brought her the darts, Wednesday picked one up and threw it, popping a balloon.

"Glad to know that even though you won't speak to me, you can stand next to me silent." Vera looked the shorter girl up and down. Visibly she looked as if she was still upset with the girl but internally she felt oddly giddy that the girl was next to her.

Her strange feeling of excitement was cut short when Xavier walked up and started talking to Wednesday, ignoring Vera's entire existence. After a second of gawking Vera scoffed loudly, shoving her hands in her coat pocket. As she turned to walk away a cold hand gripped her arm, forcing her to stop where she stood. She looked back slightly annoyed to find that the hand belonged to no other than Wednesday Addams, the girl she was supposed to be mad at. The two held eye contact for a moment and Vera could've sworn she saw something flash through the girls eyes, something apologetic before her gaze returned to that empty dead stare. Sighing, Vera walked closer to the two, standing on Wednesdays left. Once again zoning out, Vera thought about how she had felt excited a moment before.

'Its not that deep..' She thought shrugging it off and looked back to the other two, or three.

The Galpin boy had walked up to the three of them, Xavier's face growing darker. Vera glared at Tyler too, the kid was bad news. Vera looked over to Tyler and then to Xavier who was looking anywhere but at Tyler. The two made eye contact and Vera's gaze softened. She tilted her head in a different direction and sent him a questioning look. He nodded and started to walk away, Vera following suit.

"See you later Wens." Vera called over her shoulder.

~*//////////////////////*~
This chapter is getting split into two parts because Jesus Christ I need to update already 😍