Chapter 6: ~*Detective Work Pt 2.*~

~*//////////////////////*~

Vera stood uncomfortably inside of the small shed alongside Enid, Wednesday, and Eugene who she had just met yet clicked with. He reminded her of her brother.

"If Weems come sniffing around keep your distant Look grim and don't say a word." Wednesday instructed Enid.

"Paybacks gonna be a bitch" Enid groaned. Vera hovered over the girl warily, checking the suit to make sure no bees could get into it.

"I'd expect nothing less." Wednesday turned to  face Eugene.

"I can't believe I let you talk me into keeping my word." Enid leaned back into Vera dramatically.

"Well I mean you did say you'd do this, and in all honesty I think Wednesday would've scalped you or something if you didn't help after you said you would." Vera threw her arms over Enid shoulders, hugging the girl from behind.

"I'm gonna get eaten alive by bees." Enid groaned dramatically.

"First of all, bees don't eat people they sting. Second you'll be fine Enid." Vera hugged Enid again before letting go following after Wednesday who left out of the shed.

~*//////////////////////*~

"God if I had known the ground would still be wet I wouldn't have said I'd help." Vera kicked her foot against a tree, knocking a clump of mud off of it.

"If I had known you would complain the entire time I wouldn't have accepted your offer." Wednesday deadpanned, continuing farther ahead.

Vera rushed silently trying to catch up with her. She was walking slightly behind her when they heard a noise, turning at the same time when hands cupped over their faces. Vera panicked a bit, biting down hard on the hand that covered her mouth as the Sheriff and his dog walked past. When they were gone the person pulled their hand away as Wednesday pushed them away a little, pulling Vera with her.

"Ow- shit! Sorry. I didn't want Elvis to pick up on your scent."

Of course it was Tyler Galpin. He shook his hand a little, a red bite mark growing darker by the second.

"Thanks. How'd you throw them off?" Wednesday questioned him. Vera mouthed what she said mockingly beside her. She did not like him.

"Uh.." Tyler quietly pulled a bag from his pocket.

"Coffee grounds." "Coffee Grounds?" Wednesday and Vera spoke in unison,Vera questioningly as Wednesday spoke more as a statement.

"Deer hunting hack. One of the perks of being a part time barista" He explained.

"I assume your father didn't bring the bloodhound to play fetch?" Wednesday raised a brow.

"Yeah he doesn't tell me shit you must think it's weird I'm stalking him" Tyler seemed worried they'd think he was crazy. Although it was too late as Vera already knew he was from his actions the year prior.

"No I consistently stalk my parents" Wednesday spoke nonchalantly.

"I don't have parents to stalk, but I stalk my brothers social media accounts." Vera shrugged earning a confused glance from Tyler and an eye-roll from Wednesday.

Wednesday turned to walk away, still clutching Vera's arm pulling the girl with her. Tyler following after them.

"Hey wait what really happened the other night at the festival? Look I swear I won't say anything to my dad" He practically pleaded for an answer.

"I thought Rowan was in danger turns out I was wrong then he proceeded to use his telekinesis to try and choke me to death" Wednesday was the only one out of the two to speak. Vera preferred to not talk to the boy.

"Holy shit why would he do that?" He exclaimed.

"No idea that's when this monster came out of the shadows and gutted him" She continued.

"Woah so you really saw it and it didn't try to kill you?"

"It actually saved me from Rowan that's the part I'm trying to figure out we came out here to find something to prove he was murdered and that I haven't lost my mind. Yet."

Vera stopped in her tracks, causing Wednesday to bump into her, all three of them stopping.

"You see that right?" Vera questioned, pointing at a pair of glasses in the grass.

Wednesday walked up to the glasses on the ground crouching down near them as Vera and Tyler stood behind her

"These are Rowan's I knew it was a cover up."
Wednesday grabbed the glasses before shaking as her head snapped back and up.

"Wednesday??" Vera shook the girl a little, looking back to Tyler who watched in confusion.

Looking back down at Wednesday who gasped quietly, her head snapping back down.

"You okay?" Tyler crouched next to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. Vera tensed up when he did so, a shiver going down her spine.

"We need to head back to school." Vera pulled Wednesday up and out of his reach. The girl not fighting back in the least bit.

"Wait- is she alright?" Tyler called after them, receiving nothing but silence in return.

~*//////////////////////*~
Anything to have a part two to a chapter 🤩