Escape Of The Palismen

*~{Ember}~*

*~{Ember}~*

We sat at the playground, no sorry... 'Slayground' so King could play for a while. I looked up at the sign that said 'All bloodthirsty monsters MUST be leashed" and snorted. "What if he gets hurt? What if the kids are mean to him? My parental instincts are freaking out man!" Luz said to Eda.

"He's fine. Look at him." Eda said looking over at where King was trying to climb a slide. "It does look like he's having fun. Aw, I wonder what cute wittle game he's playing." Luz cooed.

"Uh... divide and conquer?" I said and Judah snorted. "Stand back you cretins!" King said and got to the top of the slide, throwing his hands in the air.

"Yes, yes! This is a throne worthy of a tyrant! Bow to me you snotty underlings! Bow!" King demanded. "Okay!" Two baby class kids said and did weird poses with one standing on its head and the other leaning backwards.

"Yes. Appease your master." King mumbled as a really snotty kid came up behind him. 'Someone get that boy a tissue.' I thought.

"This isn't for standing, it's for sliding. You try!" The kid said and pushed King off the slide. 'Hey! That was bit rude!'

"Eda! That monster took my throne!" King said clinging onto Luz's leg. "You mean the baby?" Eda questioned as Judah stifled a laugh.

"No, the usurper! I want you to go over there and blow him up! Kaboom!" The snot kid who was now on the rocking dragon bird thing called after him. "Kaboom!"

"Yeah, we're not using Owlbert or Jeffery to blow up a five year old." Eda said as she and Judah unscrewed their small animal companions from their staffs.

Owlbert was a small barn owl while Jeffery was what looked like a boarder collie from back home. "They've got better things to do. Like this!" Eda said and started scratching Owlbert on the stomach which made him warble in happiness.

Judah started scratching behind Jeffery's ears making him bark happily and kick his leg. "Oh what sweeties! How did you get them?" Luz asked.

"Get? We made Owlbert and Jeffery from the branches of an ancient tree." Eda said. "Ah, their our Palismen, and we're each bonded for life." Judah said.

"We'd annihilate anyone who'd hurt them." Eda growled as Judah nodded. "Fine! Don't help. Revenge will taste all the sweeter if they fall by my hand alone." King said before he was pushed down by the snot kid.

'You could've just tapped him.' I thought before Judah grabbed my shoulder with a smile. "Oh man. Here we go. King's squeak of rage." Eda smiled.