Lost In Language

*~{Ember}~*

*~{Ember}~*

I climbed down the stairs as Luz was reading one of her Azura books to King. "Azura!' Hecate began. 'Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking, a ally."

Luz swooned over her book. "Luz, you're getting all swoony again!" King complained. "I can't help it! Azura is able to befriend everyone! Even her biggest rival! I wish I had that kind of power." Luz said.

"Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended. Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom." King said wagging his tail.

"Okay. Suddenly the door swung open." Hooty slammed the door open. "DING DONG DING. HOOT HOOT!"

"The book has come to life! Burn it!" King cried. I looked outside seeing a small basket with a note attached.

"Eda, Judah! You guys got a package." Luz said as I placed the basket down on the table. "Looks like a gift basket."

"Probably an offering. Being the most powerful witches on the Boiling Isles has its perks." Eda said. King pulled down the blanket revealing a sleeping baby bat demon.

"Mm. Fresh meat." King said tying a bib around his neck. "Nope. Not eating that." Luz said disgusted. "No. Im good." I said.

"Witches eating babies is so... sixteen ninety-three. What is this?" Judah asked. "Take care of my child til morning? Yi-Yi?" King read the note.

"Nope! Babies are awful. Not happening." Eda said. "You will be handsomely rewarded. XOXOXOX the Bat Queen." King finished.

"Bat Queen?" Judah questioned as I pulled out a few snails from the basket. "Reward?" Eda said, fascinated by the shiny coins.

"Who's the Bat Queen?" Luz questioned as I nodded. "The Bat Queen is the wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles." Judah said.

"Get in with her and you're set for life." Eda said. "So! We keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid? Easy."

"Uhh. You sure about that?" I said. "Our greatest adventure yet! Learning about love and life through a child's eyes." Luz said.

"Not you two. You both have to return the books I checked out from the library. I don't want them getting a cut of the loot." Eda whispered the last bit.

Judah rolled his eyes. "Good thinking." King said. "Now let's take a look at this little darling." Eda said pulling the blanket off revealing a human like head with bat wings and legs.