Hooty's Moving Hassle

*~{Ember}~*

*~{Ember}~*

We all sat in the living room. I was on the green divan with Judah going through a book on magic, while Eda was playing a game with her palismen, Owlbert.

She smirked looking down at the tiny owl. "Watch closely, Luz. Hexes Hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Every proper Witch knows how to play." Eda said.

"Oh boy, cards! The paper rectangles old people think are fun!" Luz said. "Hey, we're not that old!" Judah said.

Eda placed down her last card and the cards came to life. They rose up and roared at each other before going in to attack.

"Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you pulled out, the wild card!" Eda said holding up a card with a red background and a tower on it.

The card glowed green and Owlbert's cards disintegrated into flames, which then spelt out, WINNER EDA.

Owlbert hopped back on the table and hooted at her. "Ha! I win! In your adorable owl face!" She said. "I love the feeling of victory. It feels... fluffy?" Eda said.

"Or cold?" Judah said rubbing his arms. I backed up. "Uh guys. It's happening again." Luz said. "What's happening again?" Eda asked.

"Your curses are returning!" King said. Eda looked down at her arms which were covered in grey feathers and Judah's hands which were surrounded by a black mist.

We ran upstairs to each other's rooms. I opened the case which held Judah's elixirs, only to find they were empty.

"Uh oh." I said. "What?" Judah asked coming to look over. "Your all out of elixirs!" I said holding up a empty bottle.

"Oh boy. If I'm out that must mean Eda is too." He said. We walked over to Eda's room. "Im out of elixir." Eda said holding up a empty bottle like I did.

"Last time this happened you two turned into these things." Luz said holding up a phone that had gotten a picture of Eda's owl beast form and Judah's shadow monster form.

"I know we should be repulsed, but that look is fierce." Eda said. "Eda." Judah said. Eda sighed. "Your right. We need to head to the market.

"Market!" Luz said. "Im gonna steal everything that's not nailed down!" King said. "Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand of Hexes Hold'em?" Eda asked.

She patted her pocket to notice they weren't there. "Hey where are my cards?" Owlbert flew in and grabbed the cards from Judah.

"Take these and fly ahead. She'll have to follow us." He whispered. Eda ran out after him. "Owlbert you sore loser, give me back my cards!"

*~[Bonesborough Market]~*

"Hey open up Morton!" Eda said banging her fist on the grate at a shop called Mr. Elixir. "Uh, just a minute.