chapter seventeen

Start from the beginning

Something tells me he wanted me to go after him. But I'm going to to him anyways it is time I pay him a visit.

The guards take the position around the restaurant he was in . I loaded my gun and placed it beneath my suit jacket and another one on my ankle . I decided to dress formal to blend  in  with the people there

" I am armed , are you ready ?" I asked Marcus through the gadgets in my ear " Ready " he voice spoke through . I got out of my Jeep Wrangler and went in the bodyguards pulled the door open to which I nod .

The room was filled with bright yellow lights and hundreds of people in formal attire . I spot a bar on my left and a few tables finally I see Leonit at at the far corner guarded by men " tell me how many of his men are here " I ask Marcus through the gadgets " thirty " he replied . I walked closer to Leonit ' s table he hasn't changed much since  I last saw him . Blonde hair with brown eyes and a masculine  body not more mascular then me .

He spotted me coming and smirked

He did want me to come to him.

" There you are ! You finally here I have been waiting for your arrival Lucas or should I say Veleno" he smirks at his last words " please take a seat " he gestured to the chair Infront of him . I don't move " Alright you don't feel like seating but please take a drink at least what kind of party host would I be if I didn't atlest served a beverage " he calls a waiter passing by and he placed the drink Infront of me .

I speak up going straight to the point "what are you up to Leonit ? Stealing my stock like that I know you lack but to go all the way to my factory and stealing it is just too low for you don't you think ?" I asked making sure my Italian accent  came through . His eye twitch and I know I touched his ego .

" I never said I lacked stock Lucas I just wanted to play with you a little and I see I got under your skin because you came all the way from Italy to here it is just stock Lucas then what will happen if it is your girl " he smirked " I don't know what you talking about " I said emotionless , he chuckled " I know you know exactly what I'm talking about  the girl tall , dark skin " then he groaned " and that thick body of hers just makes me want to fu-" by this time I grabbed him by his collar strangling him . I feel guns being pointed at me on the sides of my head but I ignored it " say that shit again one more time " I growled at him lowly .

His hands come around his neck desperately trying to move my own. " ea- easy there friend I wasn't going to do that I was just teasing " he whizzed . He chokes when I tighten my grip around his neck then I released him he brings out his inhaler from his pockets and take a few puffs  " she is not my type anyways I prefer blonde girls " he clears his throat retaking his composure . I roll my eyes at his words .

" Let's make this clear Leonit , make sure all my thirty packages are given back to me by tonight or else you will regret me coming down here to Russia " I said holding his stare  for a second with that I
turned around and walk towards the door after I have taken few steps he speaks up " All that wasn't for nothing Lucas . The girl , they are after her " I halt my steps and turned back to him " what?" " They are after her and they want her dead "

" Who wants her dead ?" I said blankly but my inside turned thinking about my Angel dead " the  Mexican and American Mafia . They came to me and asked if I wanted to be in the ploy since they knew you and I are enemies and she is under your wing , but I refused " he explained . " Why would they want her dead? "  He smirked at my question " I see she didn't tell you that yet and I don't think it is in my place to tell you , she should ."

" Why are you telling me all this ? What is the catch ?" I questioned it's not simple to just help out another Mafia " There's no catch . Just wanted this to clear all the bad blood our fathers left behind " he told me seriously . I could see sincerity in his eyes so I just nodded and walked away not looking back.

I walked to the van where Marcus was  once I climbed in he speaks up " this Angel must be important to you for you to loose your shit like that " he said by this time we started to drive away  . I think about his words for a second , how she perfectly takes care of my daughters and work and at home , how she gets concerned about my daughter' s wellbeing like no other person I met besides my family , how it almost killed me hearing someone wanted her dead " she is important to me " I concluded " she is becoming more to me than the I planned her to be " I say mostly to myself  " and you're scared she will break your heart ?" I stayed silent " just because  she did doesn't mean Angel will do it too I know that I said that before but I think she is good since you're feeling this way  . Give it a chance Lucas " Marcus said .

And I'm willing to give it a chance .
***
Hey guys

This is the first chapter of this year and I'm excited to write more and see how the see how this story turns out .

What do y'all think about Leonit ? Is he being honest ?

And Angel is hiding something from Lucas what do you think it is?

Comment on it I really want to hear from you
Don't forget to vote and share this story too

Love
~ ali~