18: Truth

~Adalia~

Morvaria got It's first snow last night.

The white fluff covered everything though it wasn't to much. Only a few inches.

"Princess?" Jasmine, my lady in waiting knocked on the door.

I looked behind me to see her peeking her head through. I smile and stand up, "You can enter." I assure her.

She opened the door a little more and stand straight, "You have a guest, Your Highness."

As I walk over to my separate wardrobe room, I yell out to her, "You can let them in, but let them know I'm getting my dress on!"

"Yes Ma' am!" She shouts back.

The fact she called me ma' am made me stop and walk over to the door to correct her. I smile through my shout, "Jasmine! Never call me ma—"

Instead of seeing the short women, Ezran was looking around my room like a creep.

I pull my robe over my barely clothed body and tie a bow to keep it like that.

He seems to know I'm watching him, because as he looks over my bookshelf, "Don't mind me. I'll wait till you're finished."

He was in an all black today. His Royal doublet completely forgotten.

"What are you wearing?" I ask as I lean against the door frame.

He turns around to look at me. His hair was slicked back but only a single strand hung before his face. It was imperfectly perfect.

"A suit." He said. "To match you."

My mind went blank of words and I swear something swirled in my stomach. "Let me rephrase... why are you wearing that?"

He put his hands in his pockets and leaned back on the bookcase. "Like I said. To match you, princess."

I shake my head and turn back into my wardrobe to grab my dress. Hair and makeup was done about thirty minutes ago, and midnight is in six hours. But as princess, I have people to meet and declare my return from Verubia.

I struggle with the zipper for a minute before I give up. I weigh my options and go with the worst one.

I walk out of my wardrobe holding the front of my dress up. Ezran looks up at me and I sigh, "I need your help."

He smirks, "I know that must have been hard for you to say."

"Come zip up my dress before you disappear six feet under."

He chuckles and walks over to me. I face the mirror standing near my windows and watch him as he comes up behind me.

I feel his warm hand move my hair to the side and for a second, he just stands there. His hands hold the base of my hips and he looks down at my back.

I watch him through the mirror. He's so focused and I know on exactly what. The hundreds of scars that don't even start on my back.

He looked up at me in the mirror and just smiled. But I knew that smile. And I didn't like it.

As soon as he zipped up the dress, I turned around so I was facing him, but not realizing how close he was, I bumped into his chest and stumbled back.