6: Prince of Morvaria

After
~Ezran Reyes~

"Don't you think it's time to start thinking about the future Ez?" Raya says as she leans against the wall. "You know, beat your dad to it and all that."

I step in front of my mirror, fixing my my collar before buttoning up my dress shirt.

Over the last few years, I've started working out. A lot of intensive lifting and stuff. The abs were a plus to the project, and so was the strength.

Raya picked at her nails as I finished getting ready.

Today, my father will be announcing my Bachelor courting. Meaning that parties and balls will now be thrown in the honor to try and court me for marriage.

Because I needed to marry to become king.

But I already knew that no one here will be good enough to be my wife.

There was only one person I wanted, and she's dead.

I sighed, "I will let my parents make me go into courtship. And I will marry the first woman that falls in love with me."

Raya snorts. I turn my head to her slightly as I button up my doublet.

"What?" I say.

She pushes off the wall, "Well, you know it's just..."

"Raya..." I say in a warning tone for her to hurry up.

She crosses her arms over her chest, "Ez, you can't be this stupid."

I stare at her blankly, "Do you dare so much to insult your prince?"

I was joking. Entirely. But I had mastered the tone of seriousness. Since I was 12. And ever since, it's been so much fun seeing the fear on peoples faces when they think they've wronged me.

But Raya. She's unfazed. Her knowing that she's untouchable as one of the last royal lady's of the kingdom, she's important.

"Almost everyone in the world has already fallen in love with you."

It was my turn to snort. Not very princely, "We jus opened our borders back up to the southern continent after 6 years. I'm pretty sure most of the world doesn't even remember what I look like."

She didn't say anything more other than tilt her head to the side and make a face like she was thinking.

I grabbed my leather gloves from my dresser and put them on before heading to the door.

Raya stopped in front of me, "But seriously. Just think about it. Falling in love wouldn't be so bad."

I only look at her and shrug before patting her on the shoulder and walking out the door.

~
Somehow, I always seem to stumble in on an argument with some noble and my father.

But today, it wasn't a nobleman, but someone from my council.

"Enough!" My father shouted, "He is my son, I decide what is best for him! You will not tell me when my reign ends and his begins. The laws have been set for a thousand years by our gods and we will continue to obey them as they say!" He said sternly.