Get in ⚪️

I woke up on my stomach with his hand resting on my back. I was faced away from Sorren although I knew he was awake. The small circles he was rubbing into my back were evidence of that. I was stiff, uncomfortable, as he continued his hand not moving higher or lower on my back just respectfully in the middle. I survived my first full moon with Sorren with limited tears surprisingly. Did that change the way I felt about him? Absolutely not.
  I laid for a long while before I decided I should actually get up. I shifted and Sorren's hand stilled before it was removed completely as I rolled onto my back further from him. "Good morning." He said. "Morning." I settled on saying that's all he had to say to me after last night? I stretched my arms above my head and stretched with a groan. "I thought we could do breakfast and then go for a walk to the stream?" I looked at Sorren confused "No work today?" He shook his head "I decided to take off." He said. "Are you doing okay this morning? You were grinding your teeth last night." Sorren said. "I do that when I'm stressed." I'm surprised I hadn't done it sooner since arriving here. Sorren had no response to that information and so I got up.
I rolled out of bed and walked into the closet grabbing a pair of loose fitting cargo pants and a fleece sweater to keep warm. It was beginning to cool the warm summer nights were now gone as late September rolled around. I brought my clothes into the bathroom locked the door and changed in there.
I braided my hair back and out of my face and re-emerged into the bedroom to find Sorren dressed in jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt. "I was thinking waffles for breakfast?" He asked. I nodded "That's fine." I followed him downstairs to the kitchen which was still covered in flour. "Oh god I forgot about this." I cringed. "I can't believe I did that." Sorren walked into the kitchen and chuckled under his breath. "It is remarkable how you managed to do this when the bowl was absolutely full to the top with flour." I frowned at the teasing "It wasn't full to the top completely." I muttered as I made my way to the sink grabbing a wash cloth and a towel "I'll clean and you make waffles." Sorren nodded "Yes ma'am."
I wiped at what I could reach and had to rinse the rag off several times because it was caked in flour. Sorren and I ate the waffles he made. I put peanut butter on them and he criticized me for it and then we made our way outside. I laced up my leather hiking boots and stepped through the sliding glass door onto the back porch. The sun was shining today, it was the perfect weather. I followed Sorren to the tree line where a dirt path began.
The forest sounds greeted me kindly like one would greet an old friend. I could taste fall in the breeze as the green trees began to change their hue slightly. Sorren let me walk first down the path and I took my time admiring the beauty around me. The birds in the trees sung sweet melodies and the woodpecker made loud of his work. Large squirrels and chipmunks trampled through leaves collecting food to store in their burrows for the long winter ahead.
Heavy footsteps in the leaves off to my left caught my attention and I stopped turning to spot a doe. "Look." I exclaimed stopping as she spotted us. She was about 10 feet away and inching closer in curiosity, that was until Sorren shifted his weight and she ran. We continued on in silence and reached the stream about 10 minutes later. "So the salamanders will be under stones in the stream. They could also be under leaves and logs though since the water is cooling down." I tell Sorren.
  It was quiet entertaining to watch this big wolf chase after small lizards. Salamanders are fast creatures and I'd been the only one to catch one so far. I took my boots off to walk in the stream and let the cold water numb my feet. I caught one that was black with yellow spots on the back. "God dammit!" Sorren yelled as he lifted up a heavy looking log and two salamanders ran out from under it and into the creek I stood in.
  "It's safe to say this creek is healthy." I said at the sheer number we'd seen in our hunt. I now rolled my pants up to my knees as I waded through deeper water towards a large rock I had my eye on. I pushed myself up onto the rock and basked in the warm sunlight poking through the trees. "Tired already?" Sorren asked walking over to the rock I sat on. "Just relaxing." I answered. He sat down beside me kicking off his large boots.
  "It's nice this is in your backyard." Sorren nodded "There is a waterfall further down the mountain. Perhaps another day I'll show you." I nodded in response again. For once I didn't feel on edge sitting beside him. Perhaps it was the lack of mention or borderline threat of what his wolf wanted to do to me or the sunlight streaming down through the trees.
The peaceful atmosphere of the forest was shattered at the sound of foot steps behind us. First I thought it was the deer returning in curiosity. I turned expecting to see the doe and instead found a large shirtless man who looked similar to Sorren.
"Aziel." Sorren growled standing me up and pulling me with him. I was harshly shoved behind him. "What are you doing on my land?" I struggled to see past Sorren, his arm held me flush to his back restricting my movement. "Relax Soso I am here with Mom and Dad. They're at your house and sent me out to find you." The shirtless man chuckled. Mom and Dad, the pieces came together that man is Sorren's brother.
"The pack has been whispering reasons as to why their ruthless unforgiving Alpha has been slipping out on duties and sending his Beta in his place, but now it makes sense." Sorren shifted in warning at his brothers tone. "Your house smells like a human brother. A human women at that." Sorren's grip on me was so tight it began to hurt. "So let me meet your new curiosity. I am surprised it is a human you've chosen." Sorren was growling the sound reverberating through me.
"So, let's see her then." Aziel pushed. "Go back to the house get Mom and Dad and leave. You are not welcome here." I finally managed to peak out around Sorren's arm "There she is! Hello there!" Aziel waved with a huge smile on his face. Sorren pulled me out from behind him and into his side wrapping an arm around me protectively. "You're brothers?" I asked looking to Aziel. The two men answered at the same time however the answers were conflicting Aziel said yes while Sorren said no.
"Oh how you wound me! We are brothers I assure you-" he trails off looking for a name. "That's enough Aziel." He cuts in. "You're a bit protective over the little human!" He paused as realization dawned on him "Could the moon goddess be so cruel? She is your mate!" When Sorren didn't rebut that statement Aziel smiled in a mocking kind of way as he had been this whole encounter. He unnerved me a bit, something I think Sorren sensed due to my lack of argument when he pulled me in close.
"She does know you're a wolf right? I mean I'm not breaking the news am I?" It seemed like he wished he was. "No. Now leave this is your last warning." I looked up at Sorren and saw his eyes were red. "Has she seen your wolf?" Aziel then addressed me "Have you seen your Alpha in his true form Luna?" Sorren took a step forward and suddenly I was behind him again "Don't you dare."
"I'll take that as a no then. I can change that." Everything after that happened so fast. Sorren pushed me back and I fell off of the rock we stood on into the creek. I sat in the icy water leaned back on my hands which caught me watching as a large grey wolf appeared where Aziel stood. I watched in fear as Sorren transformed before my eyes into an even larger black wolf. His bones snapped and his body twisted in strange ways. The sounds were sickening, as his bones broke it sounded like the breaking of sticks. The two wolves snarled at each other before Sorren pounced launching himself off of the rock.
I was frozen for a moment before I finally pushed myself onto my feet and broke out into a sprint away from the fighting wolves. Adrenaline coursed through my veins effectively numbing my bare feet as I trampled my way through the cold stream bed covered in rocks and into the forest. I began down the mountain abandoning the trail that Sorren led me down and began through the dense trees. Branches whipped at my face and roots and rocks dug into my feet as I ran for my life. I could still hear distantly the fighting wolves and looked over my shoulder frequently to see if I was being followed. I didn't know the extent of the relationship between Sorren and his brother but judging by the tense conversation before the fight and the lack of pictures in Sorren's house I ventured to say it was not a good one. If the relationship is as bad as it seemed I had no doubt that Aziel would target me to hurt his brother and I wanted no part of that.
The terrain was beginning to get steeper and I let myself be taken by gravity. I was moving so fast that I could barely get my feet under me it was like I was floating. If not for the panic of what caused me to flee in the first place, I might release a laugh at the odd feeling of falling with a purpose. I crossed through another stream, the cold water steeling my feet to allow me to run even further. My breath was loud in my ears and the sweat dripped down my face but I could not stop.
I'm not sure how long I ran but I reached a road when the sun was beginning to set. There was a drop off from the forest to the side of the road, and I leapt landing on all fours stopping my momentum in an instant. I hissed at the harsh greeting of the asphalt which bit into my knees and hands drawing blood. A car approached and I quickly ran into the middle of the road my arms infront of me. "Please!" I yelled although the driver couldn't hear me. It was a suv and the driver came to a stop so as to not hit me. I walked over to the driver side window and saw a woman. I was relieved at that fact. I couldn't tell if she was a wolf or a human since she was sitting. However, she looked large in the small car so I leaned more towards wolf.
"Are you alright?" She asked me I'm sure I looked a mess. "Thank you thank you for stopping. Could you give me a ride? I just, I need to get away from here." I looked behind me in a panic. The girl followed my gaze. I was a runaway mate, something that is punishable onto me and all who help me. It was the law and if she sensed I was a runaway, she would probably leave and honestly I wouldn't blame her.
"Did your mate do that to you?" She was a wolf then that almost confirmed it. I was breathing heavily "Please can you get me away from here?" This was it, my one chance to get away from Sorren. The woman did a once over one last time before nodding "Get in."