chapter 37

This is the last chapter of this book.
There is going to be an epilogue.
Don't forget to Read the A/N below, please

Hairah

I am not sure, how I'm going to face Ibrahim. I just confessed my feelings, Allah! Thank him, the adhan saved me. But, does Ibrahim have any feelings toward me too? I didn't know why I confessed at that time. Maybe I wanted him to know that he has me...

Or a wife that will love him, no matter what...

I had put Ali to sleep and now his head is on my kneecaps. I wait for Ibrahim -  nervously - to come back from the mosque. I lean back on the headboard of the bed, my legs stretched out on the bed, in front of me.

I never thought Ibrahim would tell me about his past. I can't imagine going through all of that. Your other half, instead of being your backbone, hurting you, is terrible. The worst!

I hear the door opening and closing. He is here. Allah! I quickly take the book and pretend to read.

Why is he not entering the room?

Just then, he enters the room, and I act like I'm deep inside the book. I made sure that the book is not upside down, it will be embarrassing!

I peeked at him, and he slowly made his way onto the bed, his eyes never leaving my lap. He always stares at my lap, whenever I'm in this posture when Ali rests his head on my lap.

I sigh, "you know, you don't have to ask me to keep your head on my lap. You can rest your head here." I tap my thighs and keep the book away. As Ali's head is resting on my kneecaps, there is plenty of space on my lap.

My eyes widen when he leans forward and keeps his head on my lap.

Allah!

This is the first time someone is laying head on my lap, other than Ali. Not even my mother or sisters did this!

Should I massage his head or something? That's what they normally do, right? He was lying on his side, so I could only see the back of his head and not his face.

"This is my first time, keeping my head on someone's lap apart from mama. The last time I slept on mama's lap was when I was in college." He says making my mouth open.

Don't tell me he hadn't slept on Wafa's lap!?

"N- not even Wafa's?"

"Never."

"That's good!"

"Huh?"

"It's my first too—–someone lying on my lap and it's your first too! That's nice, isn't it?" I slowly lifted my hands and placed them on his head. When he did not make any movement, I started to run them through his head.

"It is."

Allah! How much I wanted to feel his hair on my fingers!

"I am sorry, Hairah, I am not pure for you. I know you kept yourself pure for your husband. I am sorry!" He said after a few minutes of silence.

"Don't be. Remember the ayah, ' Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity... [24:26 Quran]

That means you are as pure as I am, but with your heart. So don't dwell on it. Allah is the just and the best!" I say still enjoying the feeling of his hair.

He snuggled comfortably into my lap. " 'So, surely hardship comes with ease' you are my ease, Hairah, given to me by Allah(swt). The most merciful."
[94:5 Quran]