chapter 19

Don't be silent readers! Vote, comment, and follow. I am looking for comments and votes.

_

How fast time flies. It's already Thursday.

"Yay! This is the shop." Ihsan announces as she stops in front of an Indian bridal boutique. My family plus Ihsan's family are out to purchase the engagement outfits.

We prayed Maghrib and decided to meet at the central mall. The first thing we are going to buy is a dress for me. I am not sure what to wear or have any idea about what kind of dress to buy.

My body is heavy with self-consciousness. I am the bride. My groom is trailing behind us with his child in his arms. It's too overwhelming. How do I walk? How am I looking? But these thoughts are not healthy. I am trying my best to not let these thoughts overpower me.

Reciting some verses from the Quran and asking for Allah's help, helped me in knocking these thoughts out. "Hairah? Where are you?" Ihsan's voice drags me out of my thinking.

"Uh, I like it." What like? I mentally slap my head. I should be here and not anywhere else. "Let's go?" I add. I let my eyes wander around the shop. It's quite attractive. The multi-colored dresses that hugged the mannequins are too gorgeous.

It's exactly Indian. Ihsan seems content. Her choice had made everyone satisfied.  Ihsan pushes the glass door open and heads inside first. Slowly, we too follow her action.

The elder males of the families don't seem to enjoy this female shopping, still, they follow us everywhere.

"Namaste. What are you looking for?" A lady near the entrance asked, bowing with her palms pressing together. She is an Indian with brown skin in a saree.

"Namaste. We are looking for something simple for the bride to wear on her engagement." Even, these words of Ihsan are enough for my cheeks to be tinted red.

"Okay, what style do you need? Anything preferred?" The lady asks again.

"No?" Ihsan says looking at me and I confirm the no. I seriously don't know what I should wear. I prefer simple, that much I know.

"Oh, we have some collections. We have Sharara, simple lehengas, heavy suits, skirts and blouses, and sarees." The lady lists many of the Indian party wears. After hearing all these names, I want everything.

The multi-colored dresses on the display have already taken my heart. Now, I just want everything I could get.

"Saree! Saree sounds good! Hairah?" Ihsan is practically squealing. To be honest, my heart is too. Saree? I have never worn a saree before. But I like it.

"Yeah! Ummi?" Mothers' opinions are compulsory, especially Indian ones. They can get unpredictable sometimes. I remember I purchased an Eid outfit years ago. I went shopping with my friends and liked this dress. I purchased it instantly. After, going home and showing my mom the dress. Boom!

'You never thought to ask me?' 'This dress is not even worth its money.' Etc etc. It was not like the dress wasn't good or something. The anger was because I hadn't asked her opinion.

She seems happy because of my choice of asking her. "Yes, saree is good for an engagement." Both mothers shared a look of agreement.

"Then, please follow me, I will show you some of our best collections." We followed the Indian girl. She stopped in front of a counter. The counter was small in height and wide and long.