chapter 31

Sorry, for the late updates.
I can't believe TF reached 2 in #spiritual. Well, now it's 3 but still!!!😍🤩

Ibrahim
(Flashback)
June 2021, Texas

The day was hectic at work. There was a little trouble with the security system and I spent my entire afternoon implementing new and improved data security systems.
In short, I'm exhausted.

I remove my shoes and place them carefully on the shelf. Wafa's delivery date is getting closer and I'm so excited to see our baby.

Wafa and I are still not on good terms, but when our beautiful baby comes between us, everything will be alright. With these thoughts, I walk further into our apartment. I could hear Wafa's voice from the room, maybe she is talking to someone on the phone.

I still sleep in the guest room and Wafa still keeps avoiding me, but I always attempt to talk to her. She glares at me and then eventually gives up, and we talk.

Even though I sleep in the guest room, I use the bathroom in our room. So, I slowly open the half-closed door. Wafa throws her phone on the bed and sighs. She looks cute when she is angry. "What is it?" I ask her while removing my tie.

"Nothing." She lets out a sigh again.

"Who was on the phone?" Maybe that will answer my earlier question.

"It's your mother." Her voice was laced with disgust. No, maybe I imagined it.

"Did she say anything?" I should have refrained from asking but her expression compelled me for the reason.

"Oh, the same... To take good care of me and the child." She shakes her head.

"What's wrong with that? Isn't it normal?"

She snapped her head at me. Her eyes let out daggers. "No, it isn't. She just irritates me with that stupid advice. I know what to do with myself!" Here we go again.

"She is just concerned about you Wafa, we are all just concerned about you, there are only less than two weeks for your delivery," I tell her to calm her down and make her understand.

"I don't need your concern and your fucking family's concern!" Her every single word was filled with rage and disgust.

"What did you just say?"

"What you just heard!" Her eyes are boring into mine.

"Wafa! Watch your mouth! You haven't seen my fury, don't make me regret showing it to you." My voice is lower but firm with a warning. I always kept my composure. But when my family is touched, I don't know how violent I can get.

"Ha! You can't! Remember your child in my womb!"

I don't know how to stop myself, I was just by the bed a moment ago and now, I'm in front of Wafa, my hand just before her face. My chest was heaving from taking all the strength to control my anger.

"Don't. Make. Me. Regret. Anything!" I withdrew my hand and trapped Wafa in between my hands and the wall. I'm careful not to hurt my baby. Our baby.
"Don't take advantage of my silence. I won't mind giving a hand mark on your face. I fear my lord and that's what keeps me from doing anything violent." I stared right into her soul through her eyes.

I regained myself and let her go. She let out a breath but her anger never left her. "You will regret this, Ibrahim Hameed! Just wait until the delivery! I'll escape from this horrible hell of a house that is yours!"