chapter 17

Vote and comment.

I hesitantly trail behind my mother, avoiding my body from view. The nervousness and anxiety, have gone on for a long and the shyness have covered me.

I can feel my cheeks so red as a beetroot. I am feeling very self-conscious right now.

They all became silent for a second and resumed talking whatever they were. I slowly lift my eyes to scan the room.

Sajid is sitting on the couch before the windows along with Ihsan's dad. Ibrahim has Ali on his lap and is sitting next to the other couch near my dad. They all have a smile painted on their face.

"Do you guys have any plans to eat?" Ihsan says keeping her hands on her hip. They let out a small laugh and shake their head no. This made Ihsan roll her eyes.

"The dads get along well. And that may or may not be a good thing." Ihsan's mother commented making us laugh.

Ihsan and I are sitting on chairs taken from the dining room. The rest are seated on the couch. I can see the tension lifting off of me. This family is nothing like I imagined. They are funny and tease each other.

All this while, Ibrahim smiles lightly or sometimes chuckles but that's all. His head is hung low and his elbows rest on his thighs as he leans forward. I get this information, as I permit my eyes to gaze at him occasionally.

Ali is now rolling to and fro on the couch. He is so cute that I have the urge to tickle him and cuddle with him.

"I think it will be better if Ibru and Hairah talk. They haven't talked with each other. If you guys are okay with it, that is." Ihsan says and my head snaps at her. Is she for real?

That is so awkward. I was slowly forgetting that and now she dug it out.
I can not explain my heart. Is it dancing or jumping?

"Yes, we were also thinking about it." My mother told nodding at Ihsan's mother who too reciprocated the action.

I resist looking at Ibrahim. I want to see his reaction but I am in no state to have a look at him.

"What do you think Ibrahim?" His mother asked him. I waited patiently for his refusal. However, to my extreme shock, he didn't. "Good." Even though that is only what he said, he agreed!

"And what about you?" Now the question was directed at me by my mother. Do I need to answer? Can't they just assume a yes? I'm shy for goodness sake. Allah! I nodded my head twice, pursing my lips.

"Ihsan will accompany you. Ihsan, they can talk in your room." Mr. Hameed's voice is rough but it has a warm tint to it.

Ihsan being Ihsan, nodded excitedly. Ibrahim slowly stands up and walks past my dad giving him a tight smile. I too stand up along with Ihsan. The rest seems unbothered by our awkward situation because they started talking about something again. I'm kind of thankful though.

I silently tail behind Ihsan, who is walking behind Ibrahim. I take this time to look at his outfit. I can't see his front but his back seems to be enough. His black button-down hugs his torso just fine, revealing some of his back muscles. It just highlights his amazingly fit body.

I quickly lower my gaze. Was I gawking at him? Ya Allah! I am thinking way too ahead. I have this feeling that he is already mine and I can stare at him. How can I forget my lord? Asthagfirullah!

He takes a seat on the bed. And wait for us to be seated.

"I'll have a quick toilet visit. Get started." Saying this Ihsan opens the bathroom door and vanishes inside.

I should have guessed this! I silently take a seat on the sofa.

My breaths are short and uneven. I was deep in a pool of shyness, anxiety, nervousness, and many more.