Epilogue.

Jade

"You will call if you need anything?" Papa asks pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear.  I nod grabbing his hand.

"Of course, and come visit if you really need to see me." I laugh and lean forward to wrap my hands around his torso.

After so many hugs and goodbyes Alexander and Sydney stand back with Jackson.  Sydney wipes away her tears after giving him a last hug and excuses herself outside towards the cars.

Alexander grabs the back of Jackson's neck and leans forward to press his forehead against Jackson's. 

"I'm sorry if I disappointed you by making this decision, it's your life as well," Jackson leans forward and crushes his dad into a hug, 

"I've never been more proud of you Jackson." Alexander's eyes moisten.  "If you need anything, I'll be here in a heartbeat for you."

Jackson smiles and pats him on the back finally letting go.  "I'll see you soon."  He nods watching his son over his shoulder as he walks out of the door.

—————————

Only thirty minutes later a FaceTime call appears on my phone from my Father.

"You just left." I laugh positioning it so I can do the dishes and chat at the same time before Lexi wakes up.

"But I already miss you." He smiles, I can only see one half of his face.  He's FaceTimed before complaining he's too "self conscious for this." He ends up not caring and shows his face anyway, 

Everyone else says hi again except James, it seems like the ladies and kids took another car.  "Where is James?" I ask.

Papa shrugs, "he said he would meet us at home,"

I hum while noticing Nikolai's head slowly rises from the notes he's reviewing on the case across the room. Of course he knows something. 

Papa and I finally hang up again after another long goodbye,  I guess he's just trying to catch up on the 18 years he missed.

Nikolai leans back in his chair beckoning me over with a single finger.  I saunter over and sit on his lap enjoying that I am finally able to.

"You hear that?" He asks, 

"Uhm no"

"Exactly." He sighs, "peace and quiet after a whole two months."

He leans forward and kisses my forehead slowly making his way down and onto my neck.  "Have you checked on Soph?"

He nods sighing, "she's asleep again,"

Every time I think about the pain she's going through, missing her piece that made her whole makes my heart break.  If I had lost Nikolai, I wouldn't know what to do.

"Has she told you anything?" I ask,  Sophie hasn't told us about anything that happened that day.  We're worried she's going to end up in a bad place if it's all bottled up. 

But how do we go at this in a good way? She needs to go at her own pace and yet I feel completely useless. 

"Her therapy session is tomorrow." Nikolai squeezes me closer.  "Alex is going as well, just with someone different, I want to make sure he is okay."

I sigh, "they're 18 in a few days, how are they supposed to enjoy their birthday?"

"It will be okay," Nikolai rubs my arms, "we'll do the best we can,"

I nod in agreement. That's all there is left to do, go onto the next chapter of our lives.