Chapter 13: A Family?

(A/n: Waiting for your comments!)

I woke up from my feather like slumber when Vedansh groaned and turned to change his side. I couldn't sleep the whole night after my encounter with him.

I sighed realising that sleeping for more than two hours, was still not my fate's cup of tea. I slightly caressed his hair out of his eyes and pecked his forehead. Not gonna lie, Jahnvi wasn't exaggerating when she said Vedansh was damn cute!

I got up and started off with my morning routine. I was blank today. I was feeling lighter, may be. I had been dreading this day ever since I remember starting my country. I was proud that I didn't loose control on my emotions infront of him.

As I tied my hair in a high ponytail, I saw Vedansh's reflection on the mirror, looking at me intently. Turning around I smiled at him as he still started at me, maybe absent mindedly. I furrowed my eyebrows when he didn't show any signs of being alive except his wide open eyes and slightly heaving chest. I walked upto him and gently shook him out of his thoughts.

"Vedansh? Are you okay?" I asked him. He looked at me as his eyes teared up. Catching me off guard, he hugged me tight and began sobbing in my embrace.

"I am sorry. I am sorry. I am really sorry." He cried out. I couldn't understand his abrupt change in emotions.

"Shh.. bacha. What happened?" I cooed him.

"I- you'll never leave me right? You'll stay here with me, right?" He asked me. I knew if I denied and told him the truth at this moment, he'll breakdown. But I didn't want to germinate fame hopes in his young heart. He would never believe people if everyone around him keep breaking their promises.

I was saved by a knock at my door. I muttered a 'come in' when I felt Vedansh wouldn't leave me anytime soon.

To my utter surprise, it revealed his father. Now, that I look at him in broad daylight, I can notice the physical changes that his body has endured over the decade. He was now a few more inches tall with his shoulders broader. His face had a few hints of subtle with dark eye bags, messy hair and absence of his heart fluttering grinny-smile. He looked.. broken. Might be because of his wife's sudden demise. I scoffed mentally at the thought as I averted my eyes towards his son clutching me like his life depended on it. I sighed and hugged him back tightly as I rubbed his back with my palm.

He kept crying for reasons unknown while he cuddled up into my chest. I could feel the constant gaze on us from a safe distance but no comments were passed.

"Are you okay now?" I asked him as his sobs died down slowly. He nodded meekly but refused to leave me. My heart skipped a beat when I felt Aditya's proximity. He was now sitting in front of me, just beside Vedansh as I stood near the edge of the bed with his soon cradled in my chest.

"Champ?" He sweetly called out. Vedansh hummed and forced his neck to turn around to make a meek eye-contact with his father.

"What happened?" He asked softly. "I don't want Angel to leave, not now, not ever." He whispered. My heart physically broke at his demand. I knew I was going break his too. Not because I was selfish, but because I had no rights to live with him forever.