Chapter 20: Fainted?

Heyya! If that's even a proper way of greeting.. you know 👀

"Papa! Let's go to Disneyland this Sunday

"Papa! Let's go to Disneyland this Sunday." Vedansh chirped as I pulled down his sweatpants and made him sit inside the bathtub.

"Ofcourse.." I trailed off.

"Yayy!" He chirped.

"..not." I gave him a smug smile.

"You're having your exams the upcoming week. No more masti, no more ghumna. You had enough fun during the marriage functions." I told him as I handed him his duck shaped baby soap. He pouted in reply.

"Also, you're going to control your sugar intakes from this instance. Humne dekha aapne kitni mithai khaai thi shaadi mein aur kitne baar brush nahi kiya raat ko..." I narrowed my eyes at him.

(I have kept a count of all the number of sweets you ate at the wedding and the number of times you didn't even brush before going to bed..)

"Papa yaar!" He whined in response.

"Papa is not your yaar!" I smacked his head softly.

"Anyways, when is Mumma coming back?" He asked me. His eyes shone different when he thought about Sanskriti.

"I'll be going to Udaipur in an hour. We'll be back by evening." I told him. He nodded and continued scrubbing his tiny body.

"Do you like mumma, sweetheart?" I asked him. He looked up for a second and then continued. "Ofcourse! I love her. She's nothing like mom. She loved me, gives me nicknames, always gets to know what I might be thinking, she's cool, sweet, kind, awesome and I am really proud of her. Even my friends liked her yesterday. She's better than all their mom's. We also have sleepovers and movie nights with ice creams. She helps me with my homework too. She's just what I ever dreamt of. A perfectly normal mumma." He rambled out. That's when I realised. No matter how much have I had tried, I could have never filled the void of having a mother or a normal family in Vedansh's life, had it not be Sanskriti coming back to India. She's an angel, just like Vedansh calls her. Perfect for everyone of us.

Ofcourse, she has her own flaws but she's just the one for all of us. I am really proud of what she has become- both professionally and personally. Unlike many years ago, she wasn't immature and complaining any more. She was a lot more understanding and practical. Professionally, she rules the textile industry. I can't wait to reveal the media about our marriage and be called as Sanskriti Chauhan Rathore's, the Queen's husband. I am whipped and I am not ashamed of admitting it.

I was now at the Palacial gates of Udaipur. Entering inside, I saw the Chauhans sitting in their lounge with distressed expressions.

"Pranam." I greeted them all together. Their heads snapped towards me as their eyes portrayed different expressions. Hukum Sa looked guilty as Rani Sa was nervous. Dada Saheb looked angry on a whole new level.

"What happened guys?" I asked them. They ducked their heads low. I knew something was wrong.

"Where's Sanskriti?" I asked them. My voice unwillingly turned cold. I could feel something was wrong with her.

"She's is sleeping in one of the guest rooms." Rani Sa said. I furrowed my eyebrows. Sanskriti was insomniac. It was difficult for her to sleep even in the normal hours, let alone odd hours like 1 in the afternoon.

"Is she okay?" I asked them. I was worried sick now. Dada Saheb shook his head in no, making me worry more.

"She fainted a while ago. The doctor said she'll be awake after a few hours. Precise timings could not be confirmed." He informed.

"Why did she faint?" I mumbled out. I remember feeding her heavy breakfast and her taking a good 6 hour sleep. So it was definitely not because of hunger or fatigue.

"That's for you to ask her when she gets up." Dada Saheb said.

I followed Dada Sabeb's direction and barged into the room directed. My heart clenched at the sight of my fainted wife.

"God! How did she even manage for ten years alone? Did she frequently fainted like today?" I mumbled adjusting the comforter up until her neck. She looked profusely calm with her system resting.

I sat beside her and toyed with her fingers. I was worried sick. Picking up my phone, I texted my mother to make sure Vedansh was okay and to tell him to have his dinner as we might be late. I was uncertain about when Sanskriti would wake up and couldn't let the young soul starve.

Seconds turned into minutes, as minutes turned into hours. Sanskriti was still sleeping. I was tired of all the travelling I had to do today. Shrugging of my shirt and belt, I slowly slipped into the covers too. Pulling Sanskriti to my chest, I wrapped my arms around her waist as she slept soundly, lulling me into slumber too.

A few hours later, I heard whimpering sounds beside me. Forcing my eyes open, I looked at Sanskriti. She was having nightmares.

"I..no.. no.." she mumbled out.

"Dad.. mom.. no.." she continued to whimper in her sleep. I gently shook her. " Sanskriti. Wake up." I shook her. She was warmer than usual. I realised she was having fever. Looking for my phone, I dialled the doctor's number Dada Saheb forwarded me.

"I am sorry to disturb you late, am I speaking to Dr. Rajdeep?" I asked him. "Yes. May I know who you're?" He questioned me. "I am Arunaditya Rathore, Sanskriti Chauhan's husband. I guess you might have visited the Royal Palace today to check upon my wife." After getting an answer in Positive, I informed him about Sanskriti's condition. He assured me about his earliest arrival possible.

"She's just traumatized. Did you guys have any kind off arguments or did she get any kind off shocks?" He asked me.

"I am afraid not. We got married a few days ago and she came here for her Pag Phera. When I came to pick her up in the afternoon, she had already fainted." I told him honestly.

"I am afraid she might have either witnessed or heard about something that shook her to the core. She fainted due to psychological shock. Make sure she isn't exposed to any kind of stressful environment for the next few days." He told me. I nodded in understanding.

"Also she'll be frequently having headaches or maybe nauseating conditions as aftermaths. Sleeping in for a few hours might help her then. I'll avoid injecting or putting her on pills for now. If the mental stress increases, I'll be forced to put her on medication. The side-effects of all those medicines would be quite harmful for her body. Make sure she's having balanced meals all the three times of day and increase the liquid intake for her. If you need anymore help, give me a call."

I thanked him and asked for the servants to show him the way out as I sat with a frown beside her.

What could have disturbed her so much?

~•~•~
Short chapter? I am sorry for that :(

Don't forget to vote and comment.