Chapter 3: Laado?

As the chartered plane touched the almighty land of Udaipur, I took in a deep breathe

Coming back to my home land after a decade, was surely not a nostalgic moment for me.

The memories of the Royal Flight landing at Udaipur Airport and me being with Adi, about a decade ago, wasn't a pleasurable experience.

The staff of Royal family awaited me at the foot of the staircase with polite yet formal expressions. Clearly the staffs had been changed since the last time. The people now standing were younger yet wore the same uniform as Leena Ma, my nanny, used to.

They greeted me with a smiley 'welcome' but I could only nod at them. It might come as a very rude gesture from myside but the turmoil inside me, didn't give me a chance to judge my actions at that moment.

Sitting in the Royal Car, I kept my stare outside the window rather than listening to my assistant, Yana, squeal over the beauty of Udaipur.

Unknowingly, my fingers kept fidgeting against each other. I was nervous as hell. I didn't know how to face my parents. Or the Rathores.

As soon as the Palace came into my view, I started hyper ventilating. That's when my blabbering assistant was going to come into my help.

I diverted my attention towards her ranting. Thankfully, she had already changed her topic from Udaipur's divinity to Denver Enterprises' Chairman's daughter's affair, a topic that I had nothing to do with but was enough to not make my breathes go uneven.

The chauffeur held my door open as I made sure to keep my eyes trailed at the path leading the Palace while Yana did her job to divert my mind.

"Sanskriti?"

I heard the familiar dominant voice that had been guiding me in the business world for the past decade, my only link to India. Dada Saheb.

"Pranam Dada Saheb." I greeted and bent down to touch his feet.

"Khush Raho." He patted my head with blessings.

(Bless you.)

"I guess you must be tired. You can take any room you like, we'll leave for Jaipur early in the morning tomorrow." He ordered a few maids to guide me and my staffs to our destined rooms.

Along with me and Yana, accompanied Samaira, my secretary and Tamir, my bodyguard as well as Samaira's husband.

Samaira and Tamir had been one of the very few people I could trust blindly upon. They had been a huge support pillars in my journey to the success I have achieved in the past decade.

Walking through the corridors, I made sure my eyes never left the floor. That was so unlike me. I was always the one to hold my head high with pride. Even though I had nothing to be ashamed of, the fear of memories hitting me from every corner of the Palace forced me to trail my eyes towards the carpets.