Chapter 28: You're Not My Father

Thank you for completing the goals! Much love ❤️

"So, how did you like the place last afternoon?" Arunaditya asked his wife who was busy enjoying the warmth her husband's naked chest radiated

"It's awesome. Since most of my work would be on teleconferencing basis, I wanted an office with only 12-15 rooms in India. The office is just perfect." She admitted.

Arunaditya kissed her hair and mumbled, "I am glad."

"Adi?" He heard his wife call out softly. He hummed in reply. "Why do you look so worried these days? I thought you might need space and would eventually come around to share. You didnt so.." she trailed off.

Arunaditya heaved a sigh.

"I am just insecure. You know who Ved is, don't you?" He asked. Sanskriti nodded her head in postive.

"Ved looks emotionally attached to Vedansh. I heard him addressing Vedansh as his son, how can he even think about Vedansh that way? How can he return after all these years only to claim his long forgotten rights on my son?! He isn't even giving a damn about his mental health. He's just ten, Kriti, ten! I didn't even have had the courage to walk through the hallways to reach the washroom at night when I was ten! How can he expect Vedansh to handle the truth? My child would break down!" Arunaditya's voice quivered at the end.

"Why would he do that? He said he doesn't trust Meera di's fidelity right? Why now?" Sanskriti whispered. She was now equally distressed.

"Because now that he has lost every relation in his life, he wants his son back." Arunaditya confessed.

"Why-" Sanskriti's voice was cut off when suddenly the door flew open, revealing Vedansh. His eyes were red and teary.

"What did you mean by his son, Papa?" He asked Arunaditya. His bottom lips quivered showing his emotional distress.

"Vedan-"

"Papa just tell me!" Vedansh yelled. "The truth papa, the truth! Who's he? Why would you say that?!" He cried out.

Sprinting towards his son, Arunaditya encaged him in his hands. He shushed him all while cradling him close to his chest.

"You need to calm down, baccha!" Arunaditya cooed in the child's ear who was busy thrashing his arms around the corner.

As the sobbing wreck seemed to calm down, Arunaditya carried him up into the blankets. Wiping his cheeks, he pressed a kiss on his forehead.

"I'll tell you everything baby but you need to have a calm and open mind for that. There are certain times and conditions, jismein papa ko aapse baat chhupani padti hai. That's not because we don't trust you or you're a kid or we think you're not capable enough, but because there is a certain age to understand the depth of the problems. The conditions that might seem to appear a 'not a big deal' would actually be a huge deal when understood at the right age. When you were born, I, mumma, mom and another person involved were in a difficult position of our lives. We had to take steps that would lead to everybody's betterment. We don't want anybody among us to be sad now, do we?" Arunaditya questioned his son. Vedansh shook his head in no.

"Exactly. Ten years back, mumma and papa used to be in love with each other, the type of love shown in movies and shows. But then, something happened and mumma and papa had to live apart. Your mom already had you in her tummy and everyone might have been very angry at your mom had they known it wasn't my child.

Before you ask, babies are not put inside a mother's tummy by God or angels, nor are they put inside there in hospitals. It includes a lot of biological process, jo tumhe baad mein padhaya jaayega school mein.

Every baby needs a father and a mother to be put inside mother's tummy. It is a very intricate process. Now, you were already in your mom's tummy, even before I met your mom-" he was cut off by the his curious son.

"So you are not my father." He whispered, disappointed.

"I am not your biological father." He answered him. A new glint of hope shone in Vedansh's doe eyes.

"Father is not the only one who is responsible for putting in the baby in mother's tummy but the one who is responsible for nurturing the baby, helping him grow up, live his life, inculcate values and culture, provide him with a lot of love and care. Didn't your papa do all that for you?" Sanskriti asked Vedansh.

Vedansh nodded his head with a soft smile. He knew his father was the only one who did all these for him. Nor any other random man, neither his own mom care for him like Arunaditya does.

"Just like mumma isn't your biological mother but still your mom, I may not be your biological father but still your Papa." Arunaditya explained him.

"Who cares about biology anyways? Just a petty subject with a lot of organs to remember." Sanskriti made a wierd face reminiscing how she hated the subject. Vedansh giggled at her expressions making Arunaditya roll his eyes.

"Tum maa bete ke padhai ke naam pe muh kyun ban jaata hai?" Arunaditya asked in amusement. He was happy he could make his son understand the truth without harming his mental health. Explaining Vedansh himself about the chaos was way better than to let him know through other sources.

"Padhai is waak!" The mother son duo expressed their despise towards studies together.

~•~•~

"Mumma!"

An excited Vedansh ran into Sanskriti's legs as she stood in the kitchen, searching for ice cream.

"You're truly my son if you're here to search for ice cream at midnight." Sanskriti sighed smilingly at the little one's giggling face.

"Ofcourse! I want chocolate flavoured one."

"Choco vanilla choco chips would do?" Sanskriti asked. Vedansh nodded his head eagerly. Picking him up and putting him on the counter, they began filling their stomachs with the sweet delights when they felt a strong tug on their ears.

"Oww! Oww! Oweie!" They screamed together.

"Kitni baar mana kiya hai maine raat ko ice cream khaane se? Zukhaam ho gaya to?"

They knew who it was. Arunaditya ofcourse.

"Hitler jaisi baatein naa kare aap. Ab do bache apne ghar mein, apne fridge se, apna ice cream bhi nahi khaa sakte? Matlab humare kuchh rights, kuchh freedom hai ya nahi? Aap bade ho to kya kuchh bhi karenge. Mr. Ratho-" Sanskriti was cut off by her own loud squeal being echoed in the kitchen accompanied by Vedansh's loud gigglings. As Arunaditya continued his torture of tickling on his wife and his son, another silhouette in the dark clenched his fist. His locked jaws, red eyes and deep breathings were a clear sign of the fury of revenge flowing through his veins.

"I need to act quicker. Manipulation wouldn't be my arm this time, Arunaditya Singh Rathore, force would be." He vowed in the intoxication of his voes. "You can't always get everything I want. I had sacrificed enough for you. Not this time, not with my son." He planned to initiate the long awaited strom in the lives of Rathores.

~•~•~

26k reads!

To all the readers who have been with me from the first chapter, thank you for being patient and continuing the journey of Fate's Connection. I hope I'll keep witnessing your profiles popping up in ny notification sections!

To the new ones, thank you for giving this book a chance. This is my first time writing something in Indian Genre. It means a lot for gaining new readers.

Love you all ❤️