Chapter 30: Lost

Have patience and keep reading. 🧘‍♀️

 🧘‍♀️

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I held my throbbing head in my hands as I sat on the metallic chair. The cold metal was doing no good to the cold weather. I had cried enough for the day for me to get hospitalised soon. I would have, if I didn't have a missing son to find and an injured wife to be operated.

As I sat infront of the large doors of the city hospital, the red light was glowing bright, signing 'OT'- Operation Theatre.

My hands were covered in blood as the red liquid was smeared on my baby blue shirt. I sighed at the sight of my now broken family. Only a day ago, we were having our time of life, loving and laughing with each other like no end.

"Sanskriti Rathore's family?" Called out the surgeon. I sprinted towards him as I wiped my sweaty hands on my own trouser.

"That's me." My voice came out rougher than usual as I cleared my throat to make it seem normal.

"What's the progress?" I asked calmly. The surgeon took his time to remove his green mask and the cloth tied to his head along with his medical gloves.

"Mrs. Rathore is now safe. However, we couldn't save the foetus." He said. My breath hitched in my throat.

"She had already lost a lot of blood by the time we got her operated, it led to miscarriage." He explained me calmly.

She was pregnant, with my child. We were going to have a child, our first child together, had everything been normal. The surgeon gave me a sympathetic smile as he patted my shoulder twice.

"I am sorry for the loss. However, there's an even worse news, I unfortunately have to let you know." He said. I nodded my head as my tear glands were already active by now. If all of this is a nightmare, I want to wake up soon, cuddled up in my wife's arm as my son rested on my chest with another child claiming it's mother's womb.

"The patient's uterus have suffered a trauma with the amount of blood lost and rupture of blood vessels. The possibility of conceiving might be rare for her in the future. It may not harm the patient to conceive physically but the chances of miscarriages would be higher, that might disturb her mentally." He informed me. I gulped and nodded. My voice seemed to have frozen in my throat. The surgeon walked out of the corridor as the team was busy inside treating Sanskriti further and shifting her to a room in the general ward.

I closed my eyes reminiscing today's dreadful events.

As I stood there with Ved's collar in my hands, my broken sister by my side and confused family members, I heard my mother's loud voice.

"What do you mean by that?!" She questioned firmly. "What do you mean by Vedansh not being his child?" She seemed lost. According to her, Meera was the most perfect girl in this world. She believed Meera didn't deserve the cruel world, an aloof husband or an egoistic family like ours. Shd believed Meera was too pure, too kind and too naive to belong to this world. She deserved better.