Chapter 27: Our Happy Family?

Goals: 100 votes!

"Papa! Do you know what happened today? Geeta ma'am asked us to write a story with the given introductory line

"Papa! Do you know what happened today? Geeta ma'am asked us to write a story with the given introductory line.. She wrote a really wierd line on the blackboard- 'One day, I was left alone at my home as my parents were off to work. Suddenly, I heard a screeching voice making me jump up in fear. I followed the voice only to find out that...'" Vedansh's rambling paused.

"Only to find out that?" Arunaditya asked. "Offo Papa! That was what Geeta ma'am wrote on the board. We had to complete the story. Isn't it absurd? If I write I story, it should be on my terms. What's with this introduction shit?" He pouted when his father glared at him for saying a 'bad' word.

"Behave, baby." Arunaditya scolded him.

"You behave, Mr. Rathore. Don't you dare scold Vedansh." Thier heads turned towards the source of the voice.

Arunaditya's blood boiled at his ex bestfriend ordering him with the ways of disciplining his child.

"I don't know how it's any of your concerns how I discipline my child." He calmly retorted making Ved clench his jaws.

"It's okay, uncle. Papa scolds me because he loves me and wants me to grow up into a good human being." Vedansh defended his father in front of the familiar stranger. Something broke in Ved's heart at the sight of his son being in Arunaditya's arms, pecking his cheeks lightly and defending him against the allegations. Vedansh's love was unconditional and pure kind, the kind Ved had beeb craving for all his life.

"I hope you have a good day, Mr. Shrivastav, my family is waiting for me." He said and retreated to his suite with the little guy blabbering about his plans with his mother in the upcoming evening. Ved stood there clenching and unclenching his jaws as a thin layer of tears brimmed in his eyes at his yet another defeat.

"Aren't you going to include me in your plans?" Arunaditya asked Vedansh with a fake frown. "We are going to the parlour. What would you even do there?" Vedansh giggled making his father raise his eyebrows in amusement. "And what would you do in a parlour?" He retorted. "Eat ice creams ofcourse." His son sniggered making Arunaditya scrunch up his nose in distress. "You don't go to parlours for ice cream, beta ji!" Arunaditya exclaimed. "Offo Papa! We go to parlour for ice creams. Ice cream parlour, you know. How would you know? You're a oldie now?" He smirked at his father's widened eyes.

"D-did you just call me oldie? Your father? Your Papa? The one who makes you brush your teeth in his arms every morning? The one who once changed your dirty diapers? The one who still changed your underwears? The one who flushed your stuff after you do your deeds in the morning? The one wh-" he was cut off by his son rolling his eyes and retorting, "And you call me and mumma over dramatic?!"

"Papa?" Vedansh called out, his tone visibly softer than before.

"Yes baccha?" Arunaditya replied with the same softness.