Chapter 31: The End

Another few hours had already passed with Arunaditya sitting beside his wife in the hospital bed, silently consoling her about their loss

Another few hours had already passed with Arunaditya sitting beside his wife in the hospital bed, silently consoling her about their loss. His mind now drifted to his son, Vedansh. He knew he needs to get back his son, by hook or by crook, for both his and his wife's sanity, peace and happiness. He was still in a haze of his thoughts with his wife sleeping beside him, when he heard the door opening and closing. Assuming it to be Abhiraaj, he didn't pay heed to the new arrival, not until he felt a pair of tiny hands tapping on his knees. Looking down, his eyes widened at the sight of his son. For sure he was dreaming- either the entire day was a nightmare or this is a dream.

He stared at his son with his mouth hung open as his son's eyes were trailed only on his sleeping mother.

With his shaking hands, he gently touched his son's red cheeks. A swell of red underlined his eyes indicating his hours of dampened mood and crying.

"Papa? Is Mumma okay?" He asked him gently. Arunaditya was still in a haze, trying to differentiate between dream and reality. Was his son for real here? He couldn't decipher.

"Papa!" Vedansh shook him out of his trance. Within the next few seconds, Arunaditya pulled him up onto his lap as he nuzzled into his tiny neck, cuddling and cradling his son. He cried his heart out at his son's arrival as his hold on his little body tightened.

"My baby!" He pressed several kisses on his entire face making Vedansh giggle in return. "Are you okay? Aapko kahi lagi to nahi na? Are you hungry? Kuchh khaya aapne?" He began shooting his questions. Vedansh rolled his eyes and dramatically muttered, "Typical Indian Father," making Arunaditya narrowed his eyes.

"Yes, papa, I am okay. No, maine kuchh nahi khaya and no I am still not hungry. Khush?" He tilted his head slightly assuring his worried father.

"Where were you baby?" Arunaditya whisper asked him.

"At Ved uncle's penthouse." He answered. "What happened in the morning? Can you tell me everything?" Arunaditya asked him. Vedansh sat there in a haze, contemplating whether to tell his father about the events of the day or not. Deciding on the latter, he spoke. "Something happened. I had to have a man to man talk with Ved uncle. Then, I asked him to drop me where my father was and asked him never to come back to Jaipur. He agreed after crying a lot." He shrugged off. He was determined to never let his father know about the conversation that took place between him and his sperm donor. No matter what, he could never let that man take the love, care and entitlement of being his father when he wasn't even present in his life. Coming back after ten years of his existence, he couldn't claim his right on his blood and make him aloof of his parents who love him to moon and back. No matter what, he could never let anyone take the place Arunaditya and Sanskriti hold in his life. He now knew he wasn't sharing the same blood as his parents but he definitely shared the same feelings as them. The feeling of belonging to each other, of feeling the love, care and affection towards each other, the feeling of sharing soul and heart with each other.

"Man to man talk?" Arunaditya asked in confusion. Vedansh successfully dodged the topic when he saw his mother opening her eyes at the commotion around her.

"Am I dreaming?" She whispered to her husband. Vedansh giggled slightly before pinching his father's cheeks, making him yelp out loud. "See, you're not." He laughed out at the sight of his father rubbing his cheeks with a slight pout.

Sanskriti took Vedansh into a hug as she craddled him into her chest, crying out at the day's events.

"Mumma! I am hungry!" He groaned out when he felt like his parents wouldn't stop crying in this birth.

"Oh yeah! Let's get something from the canteen below." Arunaditya exclaimed. "I want hakka noodles." Sanskriti chimed in making Arunaditya squint his eyes at her. "You're only getting vegetable soops." He announced with a tone of finality in his voice.

"Yaar!" Sanskriti whined making Vedansh laugh out loud.

~•~•~

The days passed away with Sanskriti having her husband and her son catering to her requests by her side until she got a clearance certificate from the medical authorities. Even though she was feeling guilty and had remorse about her late unborn foetus, she didn't let the situation affect her mentally in worst ways. Having Vedansh safe and sound with her and her husband, was enough of a motivation for her.

The Rathores were a little bitter about Vedansh though they didn't let it showcase in their behaviour towards the little guy. He was a sunshine in their dark adulthood. No natter what, they could never hate him. However, they were highly disappointed with Arunaditya for hiding such a fact of enormous importance and get tormented mentally at the loss of his love all those years back. However, everything gradually fell into its place.

Ved Shrivastav had exited out of their lives for better and for good. No body could make Vedansh share the conversation he had with his biological father that could convince Ved to leave them lead a life of peace. Meera was a long forgotten topic among the Rathores.

The Palace has regained its lost colour. Everyone had their share of problems, Sanskriti was highly disappointed with her physical condition of not being able to conceive, Arunaditya was upset over his sister being aloof, Vedansh was under a lot of pressure from his school, Abhiraaj had his set up to look after, while Ruhani was now pursuing her long forgotten dream of becoming a lawyer. Nonetheless, they were a close knitted family. A happy family with their own little flaws.

A few years later, Sanskriti was finally able to conceive and deliver another healthy prince to the royal clan- Adi's Ansh- Adyansh.

Vedansh was more of a father to his little brother than Arunaditya himself. Right from reminding his mother about the little baby's feeding hours to looking after him when his parents were asleep, he was in charge. Being a fourteen year old with a really smart and mature mind, his parents absolutely trusted him with the baby.

All in all, Arunaditya and Sanskriti had there own share of Happily Ever After, they craved for. They fought, they mended, they cried, they laughed, they pursued their careers, they looked after their family, they served the public, they looked for each other's solace to get some peace. They were in love and happy with their Fate's Connection.

THE END.

~•~•~

And here we come to the end of Fate's Connection.

A month ago, when I started updating the book with mere readers over the tenure, I never expected to cross 35k reads! Words could never suffice to explain how grateful I am to have you all with me during this journey.

Thank you so much for giving this book a chance and being patient with untimely updates. However, the wait is over and so is this book.

Tension mat lo, if you're sad about this book coming to an end, you need to read the upcoming update!

Anyways, take care, stay healthy, stay happy, keep reading but don't ignore your academics. Love you all.