Chapter 29: Missing

Goals: 130 votes?

"That would be all for today, gentlemen

"That would be all for today, gentlemen. Let's call it a day." Arunaditya announced to his board members as he strided out of the meeting room. Looking for his phone in his cabin, he found it's battery dead. Probably Vedansh's games were draining out the charge from his phone. He rolled his eyes at the n number of games that had been installed into his personal device. But he knew better than to counter his son for invasion of privacy because parents are ought to forget about the word once they decide to welcome a little soul into their lives. He couldn't complain.

Walking out of the cabin with his laptop, files and a dead phone, he passed polite smiles on his way to all the employees wishing him a good day for the rest hours left. Getting into his car, he took his leisurely time driving his car through the streets of Jaipur, oblivious to what awaits at the Palace.

Stopping his car at the ice cream parlour, he made sure to get a few tubs of different flavours for his wife and his son. They had a huge sweet tooth. They practically lived on sugar and carbs.

Walking through the corridors of the palace, whistling a random tune, he placed the tubs of ice cream into the refrigerator and walked towards the living room. As he entered the huge hall, he found all his family members gathered in the room with distress plastered on their faces. Out of all, Sanskriti had tears stricken to her once glowing cheeks.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" He flinched hearing his wife scream at him.

"What happened? I was at the office.." He answered confusingly.

"Where's your phone, Laadesar?" Dada Sa asked him. His voice was now rusty as a cold demeanor plastered him.

"It's dead." He showed them his phone. "What happened? Why is my wife crying? Why do you guys look so worried? Koi mujhe kuchh batayega?" Arunaditya muttered frustratingly. He didn't liked to be blank in desperate situations.

{Can anyone tell me what's happening?}

"Bhai, Vedansh has been missing. Ever since you and bhabhi went to office, Vedansh dikha hi nahi. We thought he might be playing somewhere in the palace. Par ab vo kahi nahi mil raha. Terrace, garden, kitchen, the wings, suits, har jagah dhund liya." Abhiraaj informed his brother about the situation.

{..I have searched everywhere.}

Air seemed to have frozen in his wind pipe as he heard his son's absence. A numerous thoughts flowed into his mind, none being optimistic.

"Gaurds ne kaha unhone Vedansh ko kahi bahar jaate hue nahi dekha." Ruhani injected.

{Guards said he never crossed the gates.}

Arunaditya fell on the sofa with a thud. He shook his head as tears brimmed into his eyes.

"Ved kaha hai?" He whisper asked.