Chapter 18: Awkward?

First of all,
Happy New Year Guys!!!!

As the filtered rays of morning sunlight precipitated through the curtains and troubled my already short span of sleep, I sighed getting up

As the filtered rays of morning sunlight precipitated through the curtains and troubled my already short span of sleep, I sighed getting up. Looking at my left, Arunaditya was still asleep with his face pressed into the pillow. The clock displayed 9:30 am which means we were already late.

Looking out of the window, I once again found myself lost in his thoughts. After last night's revelations, I found myself in a difficult position. No shit, I made a mistake not trusting him. I made a bigger mistake not giving him a chance to explain himself. I made the biggest mistake leaving him alone with Meera di, especially when I knew how selfish and wicked she could get.

My heart clenched thinking about Vedansh and Arunaditya. Even though they weren't connected via blood, they were connected via souls. Even in their wildest dreams, no one could have guessed Arunaditya not to be his father.

Secrets are meant to be disclosed. Truth would definitely knock at our door someday and we might have to reveal everything to Vedansh, breaking the innocent soul's heart. Till then, I promise to give him all the love and support I am capable of.

A pair of hands encircled my waist, breaking me out of my reverie. Oh how much I missed being in his warm embrace, basking in his scent as he kept his chin on my shoulder. I was still in his t-shirt with minimal undergarments underneath. He was in his sweatpants and no articles of clothings covering his upper body.

"What are you thinking?" He asked me. I shook my head negatively, implying there's nothing to worry about. I closed my eyes to feel and capture these tranquil moments. One thing I learnt from my past is to live in the present and capture every little thing from the core of my heart to create memories. These memories were the only thing that motivated me to keep going and not to quit.

"Why do you never complain?" I whisper-asked him. He felt silent yet his fingers kept making small circles on my lower abdomen, to make sure I feel no pain from the previous night's activities.

"Complaining get's you nowhere. Be calm, have patience and Karma will do it's work for you. That's my policy." He replied softly. He pressed a small kiss on my shoulder blade and made me turn towards him.

"I know things might get awkward now. I can't expect you to forget the past decade and behave as if nothing ever happened. I know you don't even love me like all those years ago." He said, cupping my cheeks gently.

That's where you're wrong. I probably love you even more, if not less. I wanted to reply.

"But.. please give this relationship a chance. Give us a chance, please?"

His eyes reflected the sincerity he carried in his heart. I have been craving for warmth and care ever since I remember I exist, and he's the only one who can fulfill my craving of love and life like no other man out there.