She cannot get rid of the darkness. She was born with it. Today, Iris was trying to clear her mind from Ben that doesn't know her. Klaus looked at her, feeling sympathy towards his sister. She been through a lot but never said anything.

...

She walked at the park as the sunlight touch her skin. She looked up the sky that had a lot of clouds with many different shapes as the clouds cover the sun. As if they were covering her.

━━━

16 years ago, Umbrella Academy
14 years old

Ben and Iris was sitting at the roof. More likely Ben found Iris sitting at the roof, so he decided to join her. Iris, the darkness manipulator sit under the sunlight instead of under the shade. Knowing Iris all his life, he knows why.

Iris lose control of her power during practice earlier with their siblings. She almost hurt Diego. Well, she already did. She broke his nose. But what terrified her that she sometimes can't control the darkness inside her. She was scared of herself...

Ben sat down on the ground beside her looking at the sky. Iris who was hugging her knees, had been spacing out for god know how long. Staring at nothing but the ground.

The sun was covered by the clouds. It's like the universe doesn't want to let her skin burn by the sunlight. She didn't even noticed Ben. Ben doesn't say anything. He just sits there and looks up at the sky, listening to her breath in and out.

"The sky look beautiful today." Ben said in a light voice breaking the silence. Iris only hummed in response not even bothered to look at him. "Do you think it's going to rain?" Ben asked again after a few minutes of silence. He really wants to cheer Iris up. But Iris didn't respond.

Ben turned his body to face her while still sitting beside her. He wanted to see her face, to see the girl he always love. He put one arm around her shoulder as he put his chin on top of her arm that was hugging her knees. It doesn't take long for Iris to looked at him but still didn't move. They stared each other's eyes in silence trying to communicate their emotions through their gaze.

Ben smiled softly as he felt the soft warm breeze against his cheek. Iris' expression remained unchanged not even showing the slightest hint of sadness or happiness. He didn't care if Iris didn't show any emotion. All he knew is that he was here, with her to comfort her, and to always be there for her. And that made everything worth it.

"Maybe it's going to rain." Iris finally answered. He didn't care if she didn't answered. He just wanted to feel her presence. His heart starts beating faster when he saw the corners of her lips turning upward. Even just a little smile from her can make his whole day better.

The warmth that envelopes him every time he sees those brown irises brightens his mood more than anything else. It makes all the bad things in the world go away. It'll make his night brighter than a thousand candles, and his days more bearable than the heaviest weight ever placed on earth.

A small smile was enough to make him happy as long as it was his Iris smiling at him. It was a miracle of nature that such a simple act could cause his heart to beat faster and his mind to calm down. And right now, every minute spent beside her could be the happiest moment ever for him.

He inhaled her scent. The smell of freshly blooming flowers, and fresh water in the morning air, mixed together with her natural fragrance. Her hair smelled like lavender mixed with rosemary. He loved the smell. The smell of home. She was his home of dreams and hopes.