GUESS WHO'S BACK

__________c h a p t e r  t h i r t y - t h r e e

__________
c h a p t e r t h i r t y - t h r e e

The group drives all the way back to the Byers home, briefly exchanging explanations of what the hell was going on and digesting what they'd witnessed.

Finally reunited with the party, Mike and Bianca join them at the dining table while Sam and Steve pace the room, and Hopper calls for help.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin narrows his eyes.

"We'll see."

"How comforting," Bianca lays her head on the table in distress.

"We'll see? We can't just sit there while those things are loose!" Mike exclaims.

"We stay here, and we wait for help," he says in a stern tone before walking away.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV?" Mike picks up one of his brain teaser games.

"Really?"

"Yeah," Bianca adds. "He made this whole petition and held a fundraiser, it was so cool."

"Mr. Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"

"Yeah."

"We can't let him die in vain."

"He's right. He's the only reason we made it out of that lab," Bianca nods.

"What do you guys want to do? The Chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own."

"Demo-dogs?" Max raises her eyebrows.

"Demogorgon. Dogs. Demo-dogs. It's like a compound. It's like a play on words, you-"

"Okay," she cuts him off.

"I mean, when it was just Dart, maybe."

"But there's an army now."

"Precisely."

"His army."

"What do you mean?" Steve speaks up.

"His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army too," Mike explains.

"Oh my God, you're a genius," Bianca jumps up, running over to Will's room.

She hands the drawing of the shadow monster to Dustin, her and Mike showing it off to the group.

"The shadow monster."

"It got Will that day on the field. The doctor said it was like a virus, it infected him."

"And so this virus... it's connecting him to the tunnels?" Max questions, slowly starting to understand the world she'd been thrown into.

"Yes, among everything else in the Upside Down," Bianca nods her head, looking around as Sam tries to understand herself, never being too great with science fiction.