EL?

_________

_________

c h a p t e r t w e n t y - s e v e n

The group splits up, all going around different hallways with their comm units, searching for the creature.

"East is clear, no sign of Dart," Bianca hears Mike say.

She looks down the hallway parallel to his, beginning to turn as she catches a glimpse of a girl who looked familiar in the half second she spots her.

Ignoring her initial idea of who it could be, she turns onto Mike's hall, catching up with him.

"Anything?" he questions, noticing the wandering look in her eyes.

"No... Um, no sign of him."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, let's keep looking," she leads him to the gym, where they see the door to the locker room open and close. They glance at each other before walking towards it.

Mike then abruptly stops, turning to the brunette. "You should stay here."

"Yeah right."

"I'm serious. He could be dangerous."

"All the more reason for us to go together," she turns him around, lightly pushing him towards the room.

"Excuse me," he mutters, but continues walking.

They slowly inch into the room, Mike grabbing a stick as he leads. Hearing a rustle, they turn the corner, Mike in a defensive stance, only to see Max.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"What are you doing? Why are you in here?" Mike questions.

"Looking for Dart."

"This is the boy's room."

"Bianca isn't a boy."

"She's stubborn," he narrows his eyes. "And you should go home."

"Mike," Bianca warns.

"Why do you hate me so much?"

"I don't hate you. How can I hate you? I don't even know you."

"Yeah, but you don't want me in your party."

"Correct."

"Why not?" the girls say at the same time.

"Because you're annoying. And we don't need another party member. I'm our paladin, Will is our cleric, Dustin's our bard, Lucas and Bianca are our rangers, and El's our mage."

"I prefer to be called the party's archer, for future reference," she tells Max, who nods.

"Noted. Who's El?"