IMMUNE TO HARRINGTON'S CHARM

_________

_________

c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - s i x

"I think I hemmed the skirt too much, what do you think?" Samantha turns away from her locker mirror, attempting to show Dawn.

However, she wasn't expecting Billy to intrude on their conversation.

"Looks just right," he looks her up and down, and she audibly sighs, losing her patience for his corny attempts at gaining her attention.

"Lord help me."

"I'm supposed to discuss that C on my French exam with Madame Breaux, but scream if you need me," Dawn checks with Sam, who nods before turning back to Billy.

"Look, I'm just not interested."

"Yeah, sure," he scoffs, making her roll her eyes.

"I know it must be hard to believe, but I'm serious," she begins to pass him, only for him to grab her arm.

"Let me go," she tries and fails to pull her arm away.

"You think you're better than me or something?"

"Yes, can I leave now?" she rolls her eyes, growing concerned at his tight grip on her arm.

As he begins to respond, Steve approaches, having noticed Sam's look of discomfort from across the hall.

"She asked you to leave her alone," he crosses his arms, and Billy lets out a slow laugh, finally freeing her.

She sticks around as he and Steve stare each other down, daring one another to try something.

"Didn't know you had two girlfriends, Harrington. Normally I'd respect it, but I want this one," he taunts, only for Steve to slightly push him back.

He takes offense to this, pushing him even harder, at least until Sam forces them away from each other with an eye roll.

"If I give you one date, will you leave us alone?" she turns to the blue eyed boy in front of her, who smirks at the offer.

"Luz-" Steve attempts to stop her, only to be talked over by Billy.

"Sure thing, Sammy," he winks, glaring at Steve and fixing his jean jacket as he walks away.

"Don't call me that!" she groans in disgust, associating the nickname with her former friend.

This, along with the bell ringing, prompts the nosy students of Hawkins High to finally look away, no doubt formulating the rumors they plan to spread about this by lunch time.

"You didn't have to do that, I could've taken him," Steve lets out a breath, prompting Samantha to raise an eyebrow and laugh.

"I mean this in the fondest way possible, but you couldn't even take Jonathan Byers."

ANOMALY - STRANGER THINGSOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara