Mr. Styles won't be returning home

"Hello! You've reached the voicemail of Harry Styles. Leave a message at the beep," Harry's voicemail said.

"Harry, what's going on? I've called you 4 times and you haven't answered," Louis said into the phone, "I'm worried about you, please Haz. Call me back."

Louis hung up the phone. He was sitting on the couch watching tv when he decided to try calling Harry again.

Harry had been accepted into the army about 2 years ago and hadn't been home since. That is until today. He was supposed to come home to Louis today but he wasn't answering his phone and Louis was becoming really worried.

Louis decided to keep watching tv and hope for a call back. And he did get a call back. Louis picked up on the first ring.

"Harry? Oh god Harry! I thought something terrible had happened!" Louis exclaimed.

"Is this Louis Tomlinson?" The voice on the line asked.

That was definitely not Harry.

"Y-yes. Where's Harry?" Louis's excitement quickly turned to worry.

"I am so sorry but Mr. Styles has been captured."

"What? Is he okay?" Louis questioned.

Silence.

"He's okay, right?!" Louis asked again.

"I am sorry. Mr. Styles won't be returning home," the man solemnly spoke.

"Wh-what do you mean? Where is he? What happened?" Louis was close to tears because no. No way could this be happening right now. Harry was supposed to come home today.

"Harry Styles is dead. I am terribly sorry for your loss."

And just like that, Louis broke down, "No. No, he's not dead! He can't be. He's coming home today," Louis's voice broke, "He's supposed to come home today."

"I know he was, and I am sor-."

Louis hung up.

He collapsed back into the couch, with tears silently streaming down his cheeks. He could only think one thing: The love of my life is dead, and he's not coming back.

Louis eventually tired himself out from crying and fell asleep only waking up from his phone buzzing.

It read: call from Haz.

'How fucking dare you', Louis thought. The commanders had been using Harry's phone to call him. To tell him what exactly? How can he be dead? This wasn't supposed to happen. They were supposed to have kids and live happily ever after.

Louis was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't even hear the shuffling coming from the front door until he felt arms around him.

Louis thrashed around, trying to get out of the tight grip of the person who was holding him.

"Get off!" Louis cried, "Leave me alone, please!"

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Louis, sweetheart, it's me."

Louis turned around and faced him, "Harry?"

"Yeah, baby, it's me, it's me," Harry said, still holding Louis.

Louis then let out the most heartbreaking sob that Harry has ever heard.

"Oh baby..."

"Harry," Louis sobbed, shoving his head into Harry's shoulder.

"Shhh. I'm here. It's okay."

"I thought you were dead," Louis choked out.

"I'm not, I'm okay," Harry assured.

Still in Harry's arms, Louis's breathing began to pick up suddenly.

"Shhhh. Breathe sweetheart, breathe," Harry rubbed his back before pushing him back a bit so they could look at each other.

"Look at me baby," Harry said and Louis looked at him.

Louis hiccuped and took a deep breath.

"Lou, I am so sorry you thought I was dead, the commanders got the wrong name. I wasn't captured. I'm not dead. I'm okay. I'm right here. Okay?" Harry held Louis's face in his hands.

Louis nodded, "Okay," he whispered.

"I love you."

"Don't leave me again," Louis begged.

"I won't. I resigned. I won't leave again," Harry promised.

Louis hugged Harry with a small "Thank you, I love you."

A/N I'm sorry I tried my best with this one but I'm not too proud of it. :( But Happy Holidays. 💗Andddd Happy Birthday Louis Tomlinson. I love him so much. And yes I waited until midnight tonight to update this hahaha.