Christmas decorating- Louis

"Red or silver next?" Harry asked his boyfriend.

"Hmm I'm thinking green," Louis responded.

"Ok," Harry said and hooked a green ornament to their Christmas tree they had gotten an hour prior.

They had been decorating for a while now and were putting the final touches on the tree.

"Ready to plug it in?" Asked Harry.

"Yup," Louis responded and walked behind the tree. He apparently wasn't watching where he was going so he didn't see the thick black wire sticking out from underneath the rug. He fell face first right into the tree but not having enough balance to catch himself. He let out a yelp as he collided with the tree.

The sound of glass breaking was the only sound heard apart from the whimpers coming from Louis.

"Louis? Are you okay?" Harry stood up and brushed himself off as he had toppled to the floor too.

When Louis didn't respond Harry quickly moved to the other side of the tree to see Louis gripping his leg in pain.

"Oh no, Lou," Harry kneeled down, "Is it your leg?"

"My knee," Louis whimpered.

"How badly does it hurt, on a scale of 1 to 10?" Harry asked.

"8," Louis breathed out.

"Okay, okay, can you stand?"

"Please don't make me stand Harry. It hurts!" Louis grimaced.

"Okay, I won't sweetheart, I won't," Harry promised.

Harry scooped Louis up into his arms and carried him out the door.

"Where're we going?" Louis asked.

"The doctor's office, sweetie. You need help. I hope this isn't something really serious."

After getting checked out by the doctor, Louis was given a pair of crutches and a knee brace and they were good to go home.

"I'm so glad you're going to be okay," Harry kissed Louis softly in the parking lot.

"Me too," Louis tried to smile.

Minutes later, when they arrived home, Louis had walked in first and stopped in his tracks when he saw the mess of the broken ornaments on the floor, the tree toppled over, along with a shattered star.

"I'm sorry," Louis said very quietly.

"Lou... it's ok, it's my fault. I can clean it up later," Harry came in behind Louis.

"I-I ruined it. I ruined Christmas," Louis whispered.

"What do you mean? No you didn't. It was an accident," Harry assured.

"The tree is ruined, our ornaments are destroyed and I'm hurt," Louis bit his lip anxiously.

Harry came in front of him, "No you didn't. It was an accident and it most certainly is not your fault. It can be cleaned and we can buy new ornaments."

Louis looked down at his feet.

Harry tilted his chin upwards, "It's not your fault, sweetheart."

Louis nodded.

"Why don't you head upstairs and rest while I clean up?"

Louis nodded softly.

After Harry cleaned up the mess, he went to his and Louis' room to wake him.

Harry gathered some holiday scented candles and his speaker which was playing Last Christmas by Wham.

"Lou, wake up," Harry gently shook a sleeping Louis.

"Huh?"

"Wake up, it's Christmas time sweetheart."

Louis groaned quietly.

"It's Christmas time baby," Harry whispered again.

Harry leaned in and pressed a slow kiss to Louis's head.

"I love you, Hazza."

"I love you more Lou."