Chapter 161 | 170

Chapter 161

    Hearing about Haishang from a nine-year-old child, both Lu Chengxiao and Liu Yanping were shocked. Even if they have never been in contact with maritime merchants, they still know the sea ban policy of the Daqing Dynasty.

    The Daqing Dynasty had very strict control over the sea area. There were maritime merchants, but only those with the permission of the court could do this business. It was not safe for ordinary people to touch it.

    Seeing Ge An looking around, Lu Chengxiao lowered his voice again, apparently still aware of this point, looked at Ge An a few times, and wondered: "You are a child, where did you hear about the sea merchants?"

    Ge An raised his face and smiled. "Third young master, have you forgotten? I am from Quanzhou."

    Quanzhou is close to the sea, but if it is said that all the children in Quanzhou know this, Lu Chengxiao will not believe it.

    "So? All the children in Quanzhou know about sea merchants?"

    Ge An shook his head, "That's impossible, but our village is different." As

    he spoke, he explained his background in detail. It turns out that Ge An and Ge Zhuer's hometown is in a rather remote village in Quanzhou. , It seems ordinary, but in fact, there is a very secret natural port dozens of miles out of the village. It is said to be hidden because there are several undercurrents in this port, which are absolutely impossible to pass in normal times, and can only be docked smoothly on certain days.

    What happened on that particular day, Ge An was only nine years old, how could he know.

    Moreover, this is the job of the whole village, and the villagers keep it a secret, so how could children of a certain age know about it? It was only then that he overheard something in the conversation of his uncle and aunt.

    "This matter is a big secret outside, and people in the village are tight-lipped. There may only be one or two principals in each family who know the details. Anyway, my uncle always goes out for a few days every month. I didn't know what he was doing before. Once I followed up."

    After quietly following up, I got a glimpse of the industrial chain hidden in their village.

    Ge An said it easily, but Lu Chengxiao and Liu Yanping were shocked when they heard it.

    A secret and unknown port, this is not a maritime merchant authorized by the imperial court to do business abroad, but a smuggling merchant.

    Although Lu Chengxiao had never been to the Quanzhou area, he read a poem called "Quannan Song" when he was in the academy - "People in Quanzhou have thick valleys and barren valleys, and they have no land to cultivate even if they want to." ①

    From the poem, we can see that the people there are not easy to survive, and the land cannot support them, but people have to find a way to earn their lives, so some people will think of ways to cross the coastline to find a way out, and there are risks... The

    master once said that sea merchants and pirates sometimes It's just a small difference, how many people are afraid of implicating their family members, severing ties with their relatives, and committing themselves to robbers.

    Lu Chengxiao rubbed Ge An's head, and said: "Don't say this outside in the future, I'm afraid it will cause trouble."

    Whether it's a sea merchant or a pirate, the interests involved are too great.

    Although Ge An was young, but because of his childhood experience, he was extremely alert, and he didn't know that it was not good to talk about it outside, so he said in a low voice: "I know, I just told the third young master, second brother Liu, and third brother Liu.