"Is this silk divided into fat silk and thin silk?" Liu Yan'an asked curiously.

    The boatman said with a smile: "Naturally, silkworm cocoons are divided into high, middle and low grades. The top grade cocoons can be reeled into fine silk, the middle grade cocoons can be reeled into fat silk, and the second grade cocoons can only be reeled into thick silk. Thick silk cannot be spun into looms. Most of them are used as embroidery thread or other purposes, and we must use fine silk and fat silk for weaving silk, among which, fine silk is used as warp and fat silk is used as weft.”

    "Our lake silk is mostly fine silk, and among them Jili silk is the best silk. It is famous all over the world for its whiteness, cleanness, roundness and toughness. You are coming late. If you come here in April and May when the new silk is on the market, You can see the grand scene where silk merchants gather from all directions, which is much more lively than it is now."

    "If you want to buy silk, it's right to go to Wuxing, Wuxing's silk is excellent, and it is the most sought-after every year. Bian’s family raises silkworms. If there are not enough manpower and fast enough, they will sell cocoons directly. If the silk reeling skills are good, they will sell silk. Some people do not sell silk, but directly weave silk. , The weaver is very skilled, and the quality of the silk that comes out is this!" He stretched out his hand and gave a thumbs up.

    Then he lifted his chin, motioned the people to look at the ships in the distance, and said: "Look at the ships, many of them are merchants from all over the world, and many of them go to silkworm farmers to collect silk, dye it and then transport it to the market. For sale, when it comes to the market, the price will be much higher." The

    implication is that it is a first-hand source of goods. Several people looked over and saw that there were indeed goods in the opposite ship, so Lu Chengxiao asked: "Then what if we Can you give me a good price if you buy less?” The

    boatman said happily: “That’s not possible, and the price depends on the quantity. If it’s just one or two horses, it’s better to buy it outside. If you can buy dozens of horses , that’s the shipping price.”

    "If there are more, listen to what you said, there are many big merchants who come here, you can't just take a few dozen horses and leave. Is their price much cheaper than buying dozens of horses?" It was Liu Yanping who asked, The boatman glanced at him, and Liu Yanping smiled and said, "Curiosity, come out for a trip, I want to learn more about everything, old man, tell us?"

    "Okay, there's nothing we can't talk about." "Actually, when you go to a silkworm farmer's house, you don't have as much as you want, because weaving silk is not easy, and every family can't afford much. Even if you want it, she can't give it to you, so big merchants seldom go there. It's too laborious, but it's not easy for farmers to sell silk. They can only wait for someone to receive the goods. Small buyers go all the way to find it. It's a bargain, so the price is also suppressed. You can ask a few more when you go there. It 's gone."

    Lu Chengxiao and Liu Yanping glanced at each other, it was similar to Liu Yanping brothers receiving goods in Yangshan Village.

    Cloth dealers go to Yangshan Village to harvest, and the price is indeed 10% lower than that of the weaving workshops outside.

    Several people chatted with the boatman, and asked where to find the seller after arriving in Wuxing. The boatman was also enthusiastic, and said with a smile: "When we get to the pier, they are all soliciting customers. It doesn't matter if you follow along. If you don’t follow them, you can ask every family in the village or town by yourself.”

    At last, the boatman thought he was tired, so he stopped talking, and it took three or four hours for the boat to arrive at Wuxing Wharf. He knew that what the boatman said was true, there were many porters pushing carts on the pier, and the gifts were nothing but undyed gray silk.