Right then the doors opened, and people started to move. Inside we sat on benches, waiting for our turn. When my name was called, I slowly walked up and entered the test room. Inside sat a woman, from the looks of it she was a few years older than me. She motioned for me to take a seat and I oblige.

"Hi, my name is Tory, and I will be distributing your test today."

"Hi, nice to meet you, I am Candice."

"So, you are the one everyone talks about huh, I have heard a lot of things about you. Got to say, I would have never guessed you looked like that. If it wasn't for the clothes, I would have sworn you were Amity."

"You heard about me huh, all good I hope?"

"Mostly, apparently you're a bad ass, you could be a great asset in Dauntless." She handed me a little glass filled with transparent liquid and told me to drink it. I gave her a small smile and took the glass.

"Cheers" I said and downed it in one second. After some time, I woke up and saw Tori with a worried expression, scribbling something down on the computer.

"What was my result?" I asked while I sat up.

"Inconclusive." She said without looking up.

"Wait, what does that even mean?" She looked up to see my confused face.

"It means the test didn't work on you. You show signs of Candor, Dauntless, Erudite and Amity."

"But that's impossible, the test is supposed to tell me where I belong."

"It is rear but not impossible. They call it Divergent. You can't tell anyone about this, you hear me. I am going to type in Candor as your result. Be careful and choose wisely tomorrow."

I said goodbye to Tori and exited the room. When I was out of the school building, I took a deep breath and started walking home. I didn't get far though before I heard someone call after me. I turned around to see a guy dressed in all black walking up to me with a smile on his face.

"Hi!"

"Hi! Did you want something?" I asked confused, normally people didn't talk to me unless they had something mean or inappropriate to say.

"I just wanted to say hello and to say that what happen this morning was totally bad ass. You sure know how to throw a punch." I smiled at him. He was tall, with short dirty blond hair and a beard. I can't say I didn't find him attractive, he was hot.

"Well, hello to you too and thanks, he deserved it." I said with a laugh.

"I guess he did. Anyway, I hope to see you again. Hopefully you'll choose Dauntless. That would mean we could get to know each other better."

"Maybe, listen I got to go. I like to get some exercise done before... my father gets home."

"Ok, no worries. I got to go anyways, before I miss the train. See you tomorrow then."

"See you tomorrow. Bye..."

"Kevin, my name is Kevin."

"Nice talking to you, Kevin. I'm Candice by the way."

"I know. See you tomorrow, Candice." And with that he walked away. I took off again with one thought on my mind. Maybe I should pick Dauntless, at least I would have one friend. If you could call someone you just met a friend. Acquaintance might be the more appropriate word.

When I got home, I got to my room and changed into my training attire, and then left the house again. I first took ten minutes to stretch, then I began running. I run along the tracks until I reached the fields of Amity. I sat down for a few minutes to catch my breath before I run back home again. Back home, I took a quick shower before I began making dinner. When Michael came home, he had a scold on his face, and I was sure he was going to lash out on me after dinner.

"Now, what was your result?" I knew I should have just told him I got Candor, but for some reason I didn't.

"You know I can't tell you what I got. It's against the rules."

"I don't give a damn about the rules, tell me your result, now!" he shouted at me, an angry tone in his voice.

"Candor, I got Candor." I piped.

"Good, now eat your food and shut up." We ate in silence, but I could hear him grunt from across the table. I glanced up at him a few times to see if he was still angry. After dinner I cleaned up the kitchen and was on my way up to my room when Michael called from the living room. I walked into the room but froze when I saw the belt he had in his hand. He motioned me to come forward, and reluctantly I walked up to him, fright written all over my face.

"Turn around and take off your shirt." I turned around, and soon I heard loud music playing. I guessed he didn't want our neighbors to hear me scream. I took off my shirt and before I could comprehend what was happening, I felt a pain shot through my back. Michael wiped the belt again and again until I could no longer stand. I laid down flat on my stomach in agonizing pain. My back was bleeding, and my breath was heavy. I was motionless, the only sound that was heard was Michael cleaning the belt. I laid there for what felt like hours, and I didn't get up before Michael was sound asleep in his room.

I manage to get to my room with little struggle, and undressed myself so I could take a shower. The cuts on my back stung when the water hit my body, but I bit my lip to prevent myself from screaming. The water turned red from the blood, and I was thankful that Michael had brought home some more cream for my wounds. Erudite had created a cream that would heal wounds in only minutes. Since I wasn't able to reach too far, I had a hard time smoothing my entire back, but I had to do my best in order to hide the scars.

After a long attempt to smooth my back, I put on a loose tank top and pajama bottoms. I brushed my teeth and went to bed, dreaming about tomorrow.