2. Flashback

Comment whatever you want because there is no restrictions :)

Flashback..

"Once again happy birthday my lara" Maria said while hugging me tightly.

"Thank you my love" yes we're this close

We had many big shots, my father's friends are wealthy people. Ofcourse they are because of their connection with my father, the mafia Don. After some time enjoying the party my father and mother friends came to wish me and we had some chats. Because off them I didn't see where Maria gone.

"Lorenzo, did you see Maria?" I asked my brother

"No, I guess she went to home since it's late night"

"Oh Ok then I'll go to sleep I'm exhausted " I sighed

"Goodnight lara"

"Yeah goodnight"

After went to my room I tried to call her but she didn't answer it so I guessed that she should have gone to sleep now. In morning I heard my brother calling my name and shook me to wake up.

"Lara, la-lara" he said worriedly. I sit straight and rubbed my eyes, want to see what happened. "What happened?"

"Ma-Maria is d-dead"

I wide open my eyes to see him. His eyes looking teary, shocked and saddened. I didn't know how to react for what he said. My one and only best friend, my childhood friend is dead. She was my happiness. She is the only person who I could rely for everything. Because she knows I don't like this mafia family life. My family doesn't allow me to go anywhere like party, ball, marriages because I'm a daughter, daughter of mafia Don. They always try to hide me from dangerous but she was the only one who can make me forget those things.

"W-what are y-you s-saying? You-you are joking right?" He shook his head.

"She found in Tagus hotel room after died. They are saying she was..." He clenched his fist and said "she was r-raped by some men" that's it I lost my temper and grabbed his collar then started shouting "what, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING"

My hands are trembling, tears started coming from my eyes then I took a deep breath "where is she now?" I said trying to calm down. "our family hospital" he was also crying. He didn't hang out with us but he also close with her.

Then I hurriedly change clothes in my walk in closet and started to walk out of my room while crying. Tears didn't stoping. I went to hospital and saw my mother standing outside of one of the room. She saw me up and down and then only I noticed what state I'm in.

My hairs are more messy, my face is full of tears and snot, I wore a loose T-shirt and long pant. I don't care about this right now, I walked straight to my mom and stare her like 'tell me that's not true'. Then she saw me with pity and shook her head slightly.

I push the door in and run to where Maria's body is, slowly removed the sheet which is covering her face and body and saw that her body was covered with scars and bruises. That's enough to break me, I cried loudly that whole floor can hear me. My mother came to me running and hugged me.

"It's my fault mom, it's my fault" I said while crying

"What are you saying lara?"

"I should have stayed with her yesterday night. She didn't take my call, I should have searched for her but I ignored it, it's my fault mom" now I was sobbing and sniffing with guilty.

"No lara it's not your fault, what happened yesterday night was not your fault, stop talking like that" she said worriedly

But I'm now with so much guilty that I lost her. I lost my best friend. I lost my only happiness.