32. In Coma

Zanvil's POV:

I walked into my father's office without knocking. He lifted his head and saw me with a blank face.

"Sit Zanvil."

"Just tell me what the emergency is, father. I have things to do." I said fisting my hands.

"How is Lara?"

I sighed "Bad."

"Her father is taking her back to Italy. I don't want you to create any problems in the hospital, so I called you here." He said calmly while I became enraged.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"Zanvil. You know what he told you in the hotel that day. She is on the verge of dying today. For now focus on who did that to her and kill them. Then you can do whatever you want with Lara."

I didn't say anything and walked out of there and as I was walking in the hallway my phone rang. I attend it and placed it over my ear.

"Boss. Mr. Charlotte.. I mean her brother came with guards and took her. We can't stop them." Steven said hesitantly.

Without replying to him anything I threw my phone across the wall in anger. It broke into pieces as I stormed into my room.

I started breaking everything in my room to control my anger but it doesn't work. After destroying my whole room I walked outside and towards her room. As I went inside and locked the room, I instantly hit with the familiar smell. I walked towards her bed and fell face down on the soft mattress. I placed my head in the pillow and inhaled as I seemed to calm down.

I don't know what to do or how to react to anything right now. I miss her already. I closed my eyes as a  single tear slid down from my eyes.

...

"Boss, everyone is here." Victor said as he walked inside the meeting room which is in one of our warehouses.

I motioned my hands as everyone came inside taking their seat, including Steven. He didn't need to do this but he insists he will because it's included Lara. He's the best when it comes to weapons in our mafia but now he wants to fight beside me. I really appreciate his willingness.

"Did you bring the footage Victor."

"Yes, here." He put the pendrive in the laptop and turned it towards me.

"They deleted it boss, but we get to retrieve it by our best hacker." He said while I watched the footage with a blank face.

In the first video, they entered inside from the back door with the help of my guard.

Then in the second video, another guard said something to the Victor and brought him to the hallway. While they were walking some of the intruders started attacking him as he fought back. He shot and killed some and knocked out some by hitting their heads. In the process he is the one who gets hit more.

Next in the third video is where Lara gets attacked by some bald fucker.

After watching it, I turned it towards everyone to watch the videos while I watched their reaction silently.

"Victor, you caught every fucking rat right?"

"Yes, boss. Everyone is tied up in the basement."

"Get information as much as you can out of them. I will give them a cruel death in front of everyone. They should know what will happen if they betrayed me." I said lowly while he smirked.

"Yes boss."

"Steven, what do you find in the penthouse."

I told them what she said lastly before she faint and he immediately said that she bought a penthouse from him a month ago. I told him to check it out.

"I found some fucker hunging up in the basement. And it seems he is one of a minion of that mother fucker who hurts Lara." He said with a smirk.

"Tell Gabriel to track that piece of shit and also keep tab on the American fucker. Now everyone get to the work." I said as everyone started to walk out.

It's been only two days since I saw her lastly but I feel like shit. I miss her and I wish I could be with her right now but I can't.

I got information from my source that she had gone into a coma. I have people inside her house for getting information about her. Now currently she is in coma and no one knew when she will wake up. I'm waiting for her to wake up.

Lara's POV:)

I heard some smashing sound and some people speaking. I tried to move or open my eyes but I can't.

"Be careful mom" I heard a very familiar voice saying. My brother.

"It just slipped out of my hand, Enzo" I instantly recognised this voice as my mother.

After so many struggle of trying to open my eyes, I finally opened it. At first it was all blur then I blinked my eyes and get to see that my brother is standing there few feet away from me. My mother is picking something from the floor. I guess she broked something.

I opened my mouth when nothing came out, I cleared my throat and said "I can see that you are still clumsy, mom" I intend to say it mockingly but my voice came out hoarsely. I think that's because of speaking first time after waking.

Both of their heads snapped towards my direction. Their eyes widened. They saw me like I'm some naked ghost.

"Can someone give me water. I'm dying here." I coughed at the end.

Immediately my brother Lorenzo came towards me and helped me sat as my mother poured some water in the glass and helped me drink it. After drinking water, my mother hugged me tightly as I hugged her back.

"I'm glad you woke up sweetie." She said as her voice cracked.

"I'll call the doctor" Enzo said as he walked out.

"I'm okay mom. And how did I come to Italy and when did I come?" I suddenly asked remembering everything.

She break the hug and said with hesitation "Lara. You came here four months ago and you are in coma till now"

I looked at her with my eyes and mouth open. To say I'm in a shock would be an understatement.

"What?" I asked loudly.

My mind immediately went to Zanvil. How is he doing without seeing me for four months. Did he forget me? Or did he move on with another girl? That thought alone is enough to make me feel hurt and sad.