Chapter 53

(Hello :) )

Two months.

Nearly two months of sunshine, sex, and sleepy mornings spent whispering of the past and future. Two months that rejuvenated Gwen, time to relearn herself as she grew stronger and more serene. Time to relearn Sirius. In all ways.

Little dots of color explode behind her warm eyelids, the sun trying it's hardest to keep her awake with its brightness while it's warmth pulls her to a dazed sleep. She's nearly there, floating in that in between dream land where sleep is just out of reach.

Until she hears from above her, "Inferi."

It's the low rumble of his words, the impatient tapping of his foot on the sand. She doesn't move, deciding to feign sleep despite her desire to smile at him. It doesn't work. Sirius repeats himself, his voice thick with something that makes her press her thighs together,

"Inferi. This is torture."

"I don't know what you're talking about," She murmurs, grateful that her plan was working.

Sirius had been a nervous wreck for days. He'd dropped one of their new mugs, sat up randomly in the night to tidy up the house that was already far more clean than Gwen would keep it. He was never not tapping his fingers, anxiously scratching the back of his neck, or tapping his bloody foot. He was nervous, uncertain how he would feel once he was faced with both Regulus and Remus for the first time in over a decade.

And he was driving Gwen insane.

So, she'd decided to play dirty. Distracting him was easy once she'd dug through her things and found a bathing suit that was a maybe just a smidge on the too tight side. She didn't mind. But he certainly did.

And so she breezed past him nearly an hour ago, ignoring his unhinged jaw at her appearance while mentioning spending some time on the sand. she initially had done it just to pull his focus away from his nerves, but had found she rather enjoyed her hours lounging with just the company of the sea and the sky.

"We have to leave soon," He sounds frustrated, but she doubts it has to do with time. She peeks one eye open and sees his jaw clench, his own gaze sweeping over the lower half of her body. She squeezes her thighs together again just to watch him bring a hand to his mouth. He shakes his head slowly, eyes flicking up to meet her one eyed gaze before she can close it again.

His lips slowly inch up on one side, a smirk that turns her insides to butterflies and sunshine. Merlin, that smirk had haunted her. She'd missed it.

Sirius squats down in the sand, hunching over and grabbing her chin between his fingers. Gwen laughs as he leans in and presses a punishing kiss to her lips, quick samples of her mouth that leave her tragically wanting more while amused by his palpable frustration. His teeth tug at her bottom lip before he lets go of her chin and leans back, sighing haughtily. He rakes a hand through his hair and mutters, "I knew once wasn't enough this morning. You're insatiable, woman."

An indignant huff sounds from her, eyes squinting at him as the sun seems to grow brighter. Her heart melts like never before when he raises a hand to block the sun, shielding her eyes.

"I'm the insatiable one," Gwen hums, eyes slowly drifting down to where his slacks are definitely tighter across his front. She bites her lip when he grumpily adjusts himself, her thighs pressing together and an offer spilling out before she can stop it, "Just a quick one?"

Sirius pauses, eyes perusing her scantily clad body. She expects him to say something filthy, for his pupils to dilate further, for his zipper to come down. But no. Sirius smiles gently, his eyes soft. And Gwen feels contentment return to her soul when he says quietly, "I'm taking my time with you, Inferi. From here on out."

Her chest expands, fills with warmth from something other than the sun. She exhales quietly, climbing to her feet and slinging her arms around his neck. She slumps into him, making him hold the weight of her body the way he holds up her aching heart.

His hands go to her waist, rough and calloused, scraping deliciously on her warm skin. He smiles down at her like he can tell there is a knot in her throat that chokes out the words she might be brave enough to say. Instead he brushes a finger down the bridge of her nose, "You need a sun protection charm."

That wasn't true, they both knew it. Her skin soaked up the light hungrily, never burning or blemishing. But his words are soft, his concern blatant. It makes her feel human. She grins almost sleepily, murmuring, "Next time, mon rêve."

One arm slips free from the warm skin on the back of his neck, the other one staying put as they walk side by side up the sand to their home. Sirius leans against their dresser as she strips her swimsuit off, his eyes lingering on where she kicks the fabric across the floor. She can tell he wants to pick it up, to tidy things, to control. She's proud when his eyes slowly drift back to her, observing silently as she tugs on clothes, her heart guiding her towards a blue skirt just to see his lips pull at the corners when it settles on her hips.

It's when she reaches for a hairpin on top of the dresser that he finally moves, plucking it easily from her hand and spinning her gently with one hand on her hip. She smiles, eyes closing to savor the reality of this dream as his fingers twist her hair, sliding the pin in to hold it up. She turns to face him, pleased by the happiness glowing in his grey eyes as he twists a stray strand of hair by her face around his finger. He suddenly pulls hard, earning a slap to his side that forces a loud laugh from his mouth.

"That hurt," Gwen scolds, slapping his hands away when he goes to do it again.

"So did watching you get naked while not being able to do anything about it," He retorts.

She shrugs, blinking plainly, "You could have don't something about it."

She only smiles when his eyes are covered by the hand he drags down his face, her expression quickly returning to nonchalance when he glowers at her, "Let's go before I change my mind and bend you over that dresser."

She doesn't mention how tightly Sirius grips her hand as they walk towards their lighthouse. She doesn't say a word about the shadows under his eyes or his hitched breath when she draws her wand. She doesn't flinch when they apparate or when his grip becomes painful on hers when they land on a familiar street.

Gwen's eyes sweep over the buildings. When her vision blurs with a sudden memory filled of softly falling snow that looks like stars on coffee colored curls and a whisper, "I think you forget I have a one way ticket into your head, Ninnie," Only then does Gwenyth speak,

"Go ahead. They're expecting you."

Sirius glances nervously at her, and Gwen forces him to take the lead. He reluctantly pulls her up towards a far too familiar door, one that he would have liked to never seen again. One that slammed shut behind him countless times throughout his childhood.

Sirius' knuckles barely brush the door of Grimmauld Place before it swings open, causing him to falter backwards. His shoulder bumps Gwen and stays there, pressing, leaning. Support.

Gwen hears his gulp, her eyes drifting back and forth between two sets of grey eyes. She waits for far too long before saying plainly, "Oh good. I love the quiet game."

Sirius wonders why Reggie's scars seem so much lighter to him now. like they aren't marring his skin, twisting it and hurting it. they look different. faded. especially when his little brother smiles.

Sirius nearly flinches when arms are thrown around him, so used to only feeling the safety of Gwen now. but relief comes quickly, soaking into him like the sun despite the shadowy building that looks just before him. He squeezes Regulus tight and mutters,

"Hello."