Chapter 7 - maybe their not so bad

|| Y/N POV ||

"Let's make history, shall we?" He jumps off the barrel and onto my shoulder.

"Just, one question-" i start but he cuts me off,

"Why you?" He sighs, " Listen, kid, every 300 Years one person gets the chance to go back to a certain time period and change history. some change the world, some just chose to let it be. The point is, its picked at random. Your not that special, so dont go round thinking your harry potter or some crap. "

I gulp and nod, im about to reply a little taken aback when jhon comes outside coverd in cat scratches,

"Yeah, lets just get back to the others." he wipes the blood away looking pretty annoyed.

"You okay there Johnny?" I smirk and giggle a little,

He rolls his eyes and starts to walk back.

"shut up." He starts walking in the direction home.

I quickly follow after him as not to get lost in the streets,

"What now?" I question him

I heard a groan followed by a shrug,

"Anddd ill ask when your in a better mood." I mumbled to myself, a bit annoyed.

Time skip brought to you by jack the lamplighter (my one true love mwah <3)

"How much longer do we have to walk?" I asked panting,

"Moowww." Fritz cried after me,

"Whered you even find a cat in the five minutes you were stood in the same spot outside the shop?" he raised an eyebrow

"Dunno, luck?" I smile at Fritz.

"Well your in luck, cus were here." He stops and looks up at the house,

"Great, now i need to sit down." I roll my eyes and run up to the house.

I knocked on the tall door and waited for someone to answer.

I turned around to see John walk up behind me, and when I turned back around I jumped a little, seeing Hercules stood in the door frame.

"Come on, I made food." He signaled to follow him inside.

We walked in the house and went over to the table. I pulled out a chair and sat down, John copied the action. "What ya cookin?" I looked over at Hercules.

"Pasta." He shrugged,

"Original." I snicker a little,

"Better than having Lafayette cook us plain baguettes." I couldn't see his face but I was pretty sure he rolled his eyes.

"You talk funny." I turned beside me to see John with a massive grin on his face.

"Uh huh." I hummed, I didn't really want to try to speak formally. I liked how I spoke.

"Where's the others?" I question, this is when I noticed the pile of stacked beer bottles beside the cooker. Oh god-

"Your not going to get wasted again are you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"You should join us, loosen up a bit." He stirred the soggy pasta.

"I do not need to loosen up!" My eyebrows furrowed.

"Sure." John laughed as he reached and slid a beer bottle to me from the pile.

"What- no! I cant drink!" I stomped my foot under the table.

"Why not?"

"Because it's not good for you." I pointed the obvious out to them, but they didn't seem to care that much. Correction, they didn't care AT ALL.

"A little won't hurt." He patted me on the back.

I guess my dad did give me 3 whole bottles of beer when I was 7.. but If I got drunk, god who knows what I would tell them!

"Pleassseee?" He put his hands into a prayer and pleaded me.

I guess he was right, a little wouldn't hurt me, but I'd have to stop after one glass. I didn't want to do anything stupid.

"Fine." I roll my eyes and take the bottle from him.

Jhons eyes lit up and he smiled even more.

"Foods ready." Hercules smacked the smoke away with his hands.

" I'll get the others." Jhons got up and practically ran up the stairs.

After a minute everyone was sat awkwardly at the table.

I decided to try strike up some conversation.

"I'll get changed after this." I took a bite of my pasta, almost spitting it out because It was so soggy and hard. They all just nodded, no one carried on the desperate try for conversation.

"Sooooooo." I looked over at the dog bed in the corner which fritz was comfortably curled up on. "What you normally do round here?" I asked awkwardly.

After a few minutes someone decided to finally reply,

"Uhhhh, get drunk?" Lafayette shrugged a little.

"Oh my god." I slap my hand against my head. "Im getting second thoughts on this whole 18th century thing.." I mumble quiet enough for only me to hear.

"Well, what you waiting for? You gonna get wasted or what? that's what you said you normally do, this is boring anyway."

They all smile and grab their beer bottles.

💌💌💌💌