Chapter 1 - The American Revolution (Pilot)

'
||Y/N POV||

" AHHHHHHHH!!! " I yelled and punched angrily at the punching bag in-front me which had a very scrunched up crinkled picture of my PE teacher, mr muppet, on it. I was angry because he gave me an F for PE. Elizabeth told me it probably meant 'fantastic' or 'fabulous', but i know she obviously just trying to cheer me up.

I suddenly heard the click basement door and swung around quickly. "Y/N! The teachers are coming!" I heard a voice yell from the door, it was Elizabeth.

"Shit," i ripped the photo off the punching bag and ran over to her. History was better than getting a 2 hour detention after school when i was supposed to be at a sleepover with my friends.

We quickly closed the door and ran up the brick stairs up to H1, our history room. I hated school, it literally sucks ass dude. History was okay, we were starting our new topic today, the american revolution.

We reached our Classroom and slammed the door shut, still holding my PE teachers picture. We laughed nervously knowing that we were 15 minutes late and missed the starter tasks and the 10 minutes silent reading.

"Miss Y/N L/N, Miss Elizabeth Stauber." She glares at us, " your ten minutes late. " she scowls.

"Wheres mr roman??" Elizabeth ignores her.

"Mr roman asked me to do the 10 minutes silent reading today. he shall be back in 5 minutes. " she replies, "now please girls, sit down." she sighs.

We run to our seats, stepping carefully as to not trip over any legs that were stretched out from under the desks. We sat down next to eachother, hoping sir wouldn't notice and put us both in detention after the last 4 times we tried sitting next to eachother.

a few minutes passed of us giggling to ourselves before Mrs harlond left the room and mr roman walked in. We both punched the air and high fived because mr roman was our favourite history teacher. " okay, class. Im sorry im so late, i had a meeting to attend. " he apologises. "Okay," he turns on the whiteboard. "Today we are staring our new topic. The American revolution."

Everyone sighed because we had just finished the French revolution and now we had to do the american. Lucky for Elizabeth she is a massive fan of the american revolution. shes watched Hamilton like, 42 times. Has all the books, payed 321 pounds for a copy of the actual script off of Lin Manuel Miranda, got posters everywhere in her room, screams when someone mentions it, has a signed poster, asked if going back in time was possible so she could join the war, and even more, god i could go on for years.

Mr roman changed the whiteboard slide to a picture of a man in a yellowy-grey top, blue coat, and white collar. He looked old. "who an earth is that guy?" I scrunched up my face, getting an offended look from Elizabeth.

"Now, does anybody here know who this is." Immediately all the theatre kids hands shot up faster than Elizabeth could rap that guns and ships song. Of Couse though, Elizabeth's hand managed to go up first.

"Ah, yes, Elizabeth." He pointed at her, causing an eek to be let out. I could feel her shaking the whole table by how much she was bouncing in her seat. "Hamilton, sir! Thats Alexander Hamilton!" she grinned, "he is a big part of the american revolution." she started to calm down a bit.

" Wonderful Elizabeth, thank you. " he smiled before changing the slide, "now, does anybody know how and when he died?" He questioned the class again.

Now, maybe, just Maybe. If i had listened and not fallen asleep in that class, i wouldn't have been put in the situation i am in now.

" One. " pause.

" Two." Pause.

" Three. " pause.

" four. " I could feel sweat from the pressure drip from my face, i gripped the gun tighter in my hands.

" Five. " pause.

"Six." Pause.

" Seven. " pause.

" Eight." Pause.

" nine. " I raise my gun.

" Ten. " BANG!

I started to drift off at this point, i honestly found history boring and honestly couldn't give a heck about the american revolution or who invented the toilet Plummer in 1781 or whatever. I just wanted to sleep. My ears were kind of buried into my arms while i was laying my head on the table and everything sounded muffled so i didnt hear much of the class before i drifted off to sleep. ( a/n, dis is just for the fanfic i love history its literaly my favourite subject so pls dont come after me history kids )

So what i heard was kind of like this,

"yes Jonathon,"
" he died in..... he... Killed by.... Betrayal... Duel. "
".....you jona...., now.."

after that i had fallen asleep drooling on my desk, dreaming about being chased by my math teacher who had turned into dinosaur after eating some of the food-tech teachers burnt rock-hard ginger bread Christmas biscuits.

i woke up covered in my drool, and sure enough the lesson had finished, it was finally over. it felt so long. i was so hungry i could've eaten my history teacher right there and then. wait...no thats sounds weird, forget i said, wrote? that.

i got up off of my desk and grabbed my bags quickly, "hurry up Y/N! you'll be late for the bus!" i heard Elly shout from outside. "Coming Elizabeth!" i yelled giggling under my breath a little, "Hey! i told you not to call me that!" she yelled, but i could tell she was laughing too.

i ran over to the top of the stairs to see her waiting for me, "oh- i forgot, i have to stop by the library today. you wanna come?" i offer, she loves library's, but thats only because they have a massive section for musicals DVDs and history books.

"shit, i cant. im so sorry, i have to babysit my little cousins. kids suck." she scratches her neck awkwardly.

"let me guess, your going to tie them to the sofa and put a water gun to their heads and force them to watch 2 hours and 40 minutes of Hamilton, including the credits, deleted songs and animatics."

"You bet, and guess what the best part is?" she replies excitedly.

"what?" i ask concerned, yet interested.

"your next next weekend!" she let out a loud squeal. oh god.

"andddd im going now-" i hurry over to the bus and start to run when i realise she was chasing after me annoyed. i had managed to doge watching it with her because i knew she would talk and sing the whole way through it and i wanted to watch it properly. in PEACE. besides i wasn't that big for musicals. ( A/N, AGAIN I AM A THEATRE KID PLEASE DONT COME FOR ME LMAO)

i ran for about 3 minutes, gaining a stitch before i entered the library, slammed the door shut behind me, bowing as a small apology for causing a loud noise, and hid in the history/musical isle which had been put together, because i knew she would never look the last place i would be, shes not very smart. (no offence Elizabeth, luv ya x)

to my surprise she didnt come in though, i hoped she had just gotten on the bus and forgotten about me. a minute passed and i was just getting hopeful when she came in with her hat and gloves with a pile full of snow balls on a sleigh, she picked one up and threw it at me from the door, getting multiple looks from the other people inside. she went to pick up another so when she wasn't looking i moved to the corner of the bookshelves where she couldn't see me from the door.

i was trying to pick up some books so i could make a barricade around me (hey, dont judge. the snow in Britain isn't soft. And she has Hella good aim and she throws hard and strong!) when i tripped and fell into what i presumed was an empty spare storage room, i squinted my eyes before fully closing them when a few books fell on my face. i carefully picked the books off of my face and sat up.

thats when i realised something strange, it was warm. i could feel the sun shining brightly on my face. but it was winter. i heard cars, and crowds, and felt concrete under my feet. i opened the eyes. thats when it hit me.

i wasn't in the library anymore.

💌💌💌💌

Chapter Words total - 1459