Just like that

Roman POV

"Hey Roman, you won't believe who I just saw marching right up to the gorilla position!" said Jimmy as he waltzed into the locker room.

"Who?" I asked rather uninterestedly as I played with my cell phone while the show played in the background.

Ronda was on right now and that alone was unbearable enough. I had no interest in listening to her for even a minute. My God, you'd think she'd get better with her promos at some point. But so far it didn't seem like she cared at all.

"It's-" Jimmy replied, but was abruptly interrupted by music we hadn't heard in a damn long time.

"Y/N..." I whispered, staring at the monitor.

"Yeah! Looks like she's back from injury and she looked pissed as hell." he said then.

"Oh I'm so sorry to interrupt your endless whining. But I think we're all tired of hearing the same thing over and over again. And I can't tell you how pissed off I am that you've once again snatched a title that you haven't earned.

And you!" Y/N began as she made her way to the ring and then addressed the audience directly.

"You're cheering for her too! Have you forgotten how badly she talked about you fans? About our business? She called you ungrateful and now you cheer for this wannabe wrestler? Are you kidding me?" she continued.

"Well... guess what, I'm the best thing that could have happened to this company. I bring attention. I bring the money." replied Ronda.

"Oh you most certainly do.... I'm just not sure if the kind of negative attention you bring is the real deal. You're a disgrace to everyone who has dedicated their lives to wrestling. All the women in this locker room bust their asses day in and day out. And for what? For you coming in here and not even thinking it's necessary to learn our craft.

You are lazy. You are ungrateful. And you are arrogant beyond measure. And you don't strive to get any better. Every match you have is completely dependent on your opponent carrying the match. And let's be honest... you think everything is fake anyway. You not only can't sell a move, you just don't want to!" Y/N hissed.

Wow, she was really on top of her game and obviously more than just pissed off. I liked that a lot. And she was banging out facts without giving a shit about the script or kayfabe. I just loved watching her. The audience was eating out of her hand after initially looking pretty caught off guard.

"Oh boo hoo... What are you gonna do about it Y/N?" asked Ronda as she walked up to Y/N and lightly shoved her.

But she obviously didn't expect that Y/N would react immediately. And so she quickly had Y/N's fist in her face.

"I want you to put your title on the line.... Right now, right here!" she retorted, watching as Ronda held her nose.

"You got it, bitch!" growled Ronda.

But just as a referee was making his way over, another music started to play. It was Drew's. What the hell was he doing out there now?

"Oh, what do you want now McIdiot? You want to whine a little bit more? Are you going to complain about how you never get your deserved opportunities? Or would you rather go back to Twitter and bitch about how Roman isn't a workhorse anymore?" Y/N immediately started yelling as she turned her back to Ronda and leaned on the ring ropes.

"Well... it's not like I'm wrong." began Drew, walking towards the ring.

I stood up and was about to go out there myself when Y/N continued to speak.

"You better stay right where you are, you Scottish sissy, or I'll shove that little butter knife of yours so far up your ass it'll cut your nose hairs.

Roman has earned the right to cut back. He's actually doing all of you a favor. You have the chance to prove that you deserve to get a match against him. You have a chance to make an impression... Not that you know how to do it, your reigns were that irrelevant. So stop whining, grow some balls and level... the... fuck... up!" she growled.

I couldn't help but smirk. She was really something and she was exactly the fire that the Women's Division had been missing.

But then my attention was immediately back on what was happening in the ring. Ronda saw it as an opportunity that Y/N was distracted and tried to attack her from behind. But Y/N had felt her coming. She simply ducked out of the way and swept Ronda's legs away. Ronda landed throat first on the second rope.

The referee rang the bell. Immediately Y/N pressed her knee into Ronda's neck and pushed her even deeper into the ropes. Then everything happened very fast. All it took were some hard power bombs, a throw into the corner and some very well-aimed punches to the kidneys before she set up her finisher.

Y/N rolled Ronda up so she couldn't move an inch. The referee counted to three and it was over. We had a new Smackdown Women's Champion. Just like that.

--------------------

Y/N POV

Well that was certainly the best way to return from an injury. With a big smile on my face and the belt in my hand, I was on my way to the photo shoot when I suddenly heard someone clearing their throat behind me.

I turned around and saw that it was none other than Roman leaning against the wall. He had his arms crossed over his chest while smirking at me.

"Nice to see you again, baby girl. And congratulations," he said in a deep voice.

"Thanks... It's nice to see you again too. It's been a while." I replied as I walked up to him.

"Indeed. Thanks for defending me, by the way." he said, lowering his arms and taking my free hand in his.

"Always. But you already know that..." I smirked as he drew little circles on the back of my hand.

"I missed you, baby girl. Can we meet up later?" he wanted to know, his voice low.

"I'd love to... In your room as usual?" I replied.

"I'll wait for you." said Roman, pressing a kiss on my hand and then going his way.